News and Announcements
Hi Barracuda Families,
We are gearing up for the New Year and before we take a break for the holidays, I would like to have a few jobs filled for the upcoming 2022 season.
The following positions need to be filled:
- Concessions: 1-2 people to organize and run concessions at our WWF home meets.
- Apparel: 1 person to coordinate with Luna to offer Barracuda gear to our families and to organize swimsuit ordering from Aquatic Outfitters.
- Scorer: 1-2 people to learn the scoring software
- Volunteer Organizer: 1 person to create the sign-ups and make sure jobs are filled
- Social/Banquet: 1-2 people to organize social events and the banquet at the end of the season
Please let me know if you are interested in one of the above positions or if you have any questions. The team cannot run without you! Thanks so much for your help! Also, know that no prior experience is needed to be a volunteer for these jobs, our past volunteers all started with no experience.
Liz, Brian, Lisa, and Beth
Hi, everyone. Please consider supporting the high school swim team’s car wash on September 11 from 10-1 at the Marathon gas station on Prospect Rd. near the corner of Westwood Dr. (the address is 12966 Prospect Rd., 44249). All donations are accepted. See the attached flyer, and then hopefully we’ll see you there! Many of our neighborhood coaches will be working.
Hi Swim Families,
We wanted to make you aware that SwimUnited (Strongsville swim club program) currently has new swim registration open for the new season. They are also holding a new parent meeting on Wednesday, 8-25-21 at 6:30-7:30 p.m. at the Strongsville Recreation Center in the Senior Meeting Room. If your child is interested in the program this is a great opportunity to learn more and ask questions. There is also a two-week trial period during the start of the fall season, which will be covered during the meeting.
- Team Site which includes practice schedules (Calendars/Schedules tab) and online registration (button in the center of the screen). https://www.teamunify.com/team/ohss/page/home
- Policies which includes dues info in sections 5/6 and practice group descriptions in section 7. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xK_RU8Tbm0QfvxjryZVpzqqlZhPjs2uPtyM1rqdFuXs/edit
Note the Strongsville rec does require swimmers to be a rec member.
New swimmer evaluations for practice group placement will be Wednesday, September 15th from 6:30 to 7:30 pm and Friday, September 17th 6:30 to 7:30 pm.
Also note that all of our coaches have been part of the SwimUnited family, so if you have any questions, please let us know.
Liz and Brian
Click Here to view times & places for our virtual CHAMPS event.
The league has compiled all times achieved through the 2021 season, and staged a virtual meet with the results.
Awards will be distributed through team presidents over the first few weeks in July!
Our intention is to not award any single team as a champion for 2021, but award the terrific individual accomplishments achieved throughout the season.
Congrats everyone and thank you for the participation this season!