News and Announcements
We wanted to share a message from SwimUnited.Dive into Fall with Swim United! ♂️
Calling all young swimmers aged 6 to 18!Join our club team and experience an amazing fall season with Swim United.
️The Swim United Vision: Children are our future. Swim United seeks to cultivate in them healthy habits and positive values that will instill physical, mental and moral strength throughout their lives.The Swim United Mission: To provide a positive environment where swimmers have the opportunity to reach their full potential in and out of the water. This will be accomplished by encouraging swimmers to commit themselves to success through discipline, leadership, teamwork and respect for their team and community. Swim United offers a positive experience for swimmers at all levels of ability which allows them to obtain social, emotional and physical skills that will last a lifetime. Enhance your skills: Our expert coaches will guide you through dynamic training sessions, helping you improve your technique, speed, and endurance in the pool. Make lifelong friends: Connect with fellow swimmers who share your passion for swimming. Build lasting friendships and enjoy the camaraderie of being part of the Swim United family. Stay active year-round: Don’t let the summer fun end! Keep the swimming momentum going and stay fit and active throughout the fall season. Exciting events and competitions: Get ready to showcase your skills in exhilarating swim meets and exciting team events. Show your true potential and make a splash!
Visit our website www.swimunited.org to secure your spot and join Swim United’s fall season.
Swim United: Where champions are made, friendships thrive, and love for swimming never fades! ♂️♀️
‼️Meet the SwimUnited club coaches during a 4 session swim clinic starting July 18. The clinic is for swimmer new to SwimUnited, ages 12 and under. See flier attached for details.
‼️New parent information meeting is Aug 7. Swimmers in K-12th welcome. Hope to see you then!
The document Post_SSL_Summer_23_Clinic_Flyer__3_.pdf was attached to this post.
All of your swimmers did an amazing job at Champs yesterday! I am so proud of all of them!
Tomorrow is our end of season pool party banquet!! The banquet starts at 9… we will be giving out all awards from Champs, an award from the coaches, and a trouphy. The banquet is tons of fun, and a great way for all of the swimmers to spend some time together as a team. Hope to see you all there!
Also, if any parents have pictures from the season or Champs, please send them to Coach Malorie at email@example.com ASAP!
Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions!
This message is extremely important, as you will find everything you need for Champs tomorrow!
I recommend completing all of these steps and following this schedule to best prepare your swimmer(s) for their meet:
- 8:15 am- West Ledge Swimmers Arrive and report to the team area in the event center (main floor near concession stand – west part of building).
- Set up the swimmer’s area… I recommend setting out a towel, so they have a place to sit.
- Find their name on the event board and highlight it… this allows us to know your swimmer is here. Make sure your child highlights their name tomorrow. Otherwise, the coaches will assume that your swimmer is not there, and will be scratched from individuals and replaced in relays.
- Write your swimmer’s EVENT, HEAT, and Lane on their hand/arm in Sharpie
- 9:00-9:20 am: Warm-ups
- 9:30: Meet Starts
- What to pack: Extra towels, a blanket to sit on, card games/small travel games, some bring an iPad or device, cap, goggles, warm clothes, and money for the concession stand.
Rules to Note:
- NO parents are allowed on the pool deck during the meet
- NO swimmers are permitted in the stands when wet!! They MUST have shoes and be wrapped in a towel or be wearing clothes.
- Swimmers must return upstairs after finishing their event.
- Please make sure you are ON TIME to the meet AND for your jobs!(If you are late to your jobs, it can cause many problems with flow and delay the meet)
- ALL TIMERS report to the pool deck(corner by the lifeguard office) at 8:55 am for the timer’s meeting.
- Please help out where you can. It is greatly appreciated and makes a big difference!
If someone is unable to attend Champs, I need to be notified tonight by 9pm. If you do not notify me by then, it is expected that your swimmer will be swimming in the meet tomorrow.
There is an admission fee to get into the meet tomorrow. It is as follows:
- Adults and children: $5
- Seniors: $3
- Children 6 and Under: Free
Heat sheet is coming soon…
I’m super excited to see all of your swimmers swim tomorrow! They have all worked extremely hard, and I’m so proud of how far they have progressed!
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions you have… Champs can be a lot, so I want to make sure no one is unsure of any details.
911 for CHAMPS Volunteers
I know everyone’s inbox is full, we see something, think “I’ll do that after xxx” and then forget. So a friendly reminder!!
We have 73 swimmers participating in CHAMPs and need ALL attending families to sign up for a volunteer job. We actually have the best/easiest jobs of all the league teams.
If we don’t fill the OPEN roles then we will assign families to those openings.
Each family is required to work 1 job at Champs. If you do not sign up by tonight at 9 pm, we WILL assign those roles and send assignments out tomorrow AM! It will then be your responsibility to find your replacement if there is a conflict.
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!