News and Announcements
What a great Championship Series we had! Congrats to the Clear Lake Forrest Fins for the big win again this year! Thank you to all of our volunteers, this would not be possible without all of you.
The document champ_final_results_2022.pdf was attached to this post.
Congrats to those who have been called up. I have attached results. All swimmers that are highlighted have been automatically added to tomorrows Champ Meet. A few reminders.
• Address: Clear Springs High School 501 Palomino Lane League City, TX. 77573
• No ice chests are allowed in gyms, can be kept outside on grassy area at your own risk. Small soft sided coolers with cold packs are ok.
• No wagons or wheeled items can be left in gyms, ok to use for transport. Can be kept outside at your own risk.
• Tarps that are plastic and fluid resistant are REQUIRED and strongly enforced. Gromets must be taped and all chairs, personal belongings must be on tarp, blankets can be used on top of tarp if preferred.
• Please account for traffic and possible closures on 45.
The document 2022_Reserve_Meet_Results___Call_ups.pdf was attached to this post.
We want to remind each of you of deadlines for the upcoming Champ Meet. Several of these deadlines were listed in the Meet Invite.
Volunteer Coordinator Names due by July 5, 2022 @ NOON (https://forms.gle/Z4d9nSiEUZComBuaA)
extended to Sunday July 10 @ 9am Baytown Clerk at email@example.com
CHAMP MEET WAIVERS DUE JULY 10, 2022 @ 11AM – firstname.lastname@example.org
TOP TIMES FOR INDIVIDUALS AND RELAYS DUE BY JULY 10, 2022 @ 5PM must be emailed to Lisa Bunge, League Clerk at email@example.com
Last Chance Entry File and Top Times reports for Individuals due July 11, 2022 @ NOON to Valerie R.
Vendor and Ad applications due JULY 10, 2022 @ 11:59pm (all fees must be paid by July 12th @ 5pm). Form and ad’s can be completed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Officials Sign up Deadline – JULY 11, 2022 @ NOON – use this link to sign up https://forms.gle/T9scxmZ1eyr6UEFn6
ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED TO LEAGUE CLERK AT CLERK@CCSLSWIM.COM NO LATER THAN 6PM ON WEDNESDAY JULY 13, 2022 (INCLUDING LAST CHANCE SWIMMERS)
Scholarship Application and Essay due July 13, 2022 at 8pm at email@example.com
June 29, 2022 Weekly Email – Independence Day, Last Meet, & Postseason Info
Southbelt Meet Results
We won the protest and tied the meet:
NBN 324 to SBS 324!
Officall Meet #4 Results are avaialbe on the website and now been posted on the Parent Swim Portal.
- Th 6/30 Regular Practice & Stroke & Turn
- Fr 7/1 Regular Practice – Fun Friday!
- Sa 7/2 No Meet – Holiday Weekend
- Su 7/3 Deadline to Declare for 7/9 Meet via Parent Swim Portal
- Mo 7/4 Independence Day: No Practice, No Stroke & Turn, No Kickball
- Tu 7/5 – Fr 7/8 Regular Practice & Stroke & Turn schedule
- Fr 7/8 LAST REGULAR SEASON PRACTICE + Freestyle S&T Makeup Day
- Sa 7/9 Last Meet – Away @ El Lago
- Mo 7/11 – Fr 7/15 Postseason Meets Practice (only for swimmers doing Last Chance, Champ, or Reserve Meets)
- Champ Series Swimmers lead the Pledge at City Council Meeting
- Tu 7/12 Last Chance Meet
- We 7/13 Awards Banquet @ NB Pool
- Sa 7/16 Reserve Meet
- Su 7/17 Champ Meet
Nauticats awards scholarships to our graduating seniors who commit to continuing their education and so does CCSL. Earlier in the season, the Nauticats Board reached out to graduating seniors with the information and application (which was due June 26).
p=. CCSL invites any graduating senior to apply using this application form. Please note you will need the Board President’s signature on your app (Allison Horton)
Deadline for CCSL Scholarship Application submission is July 13, 2022 @ 8pm.
h4. Declare for our LAST AWAY MEET:
- Login to the Parent Portal to declare your intent
- PLEASE RSVP – whether attending or not-attending!
- The deadline to declare for the 7/9 Meet @ El Lago is Sun 7/3 at 11:59pm
No practice & no Kickball on 7/4! Instead join in the City’s fun!
Traditionally, the Nauticats ride in a float with the coaches, and engage in water balloon fights at specific homes with former coaches along the parade route. Currently we have no float. If you have a connection, please contact any Board Member and let us know!
Here’s The City of Nassau Bay’s Schedule of Activities
- 12pm-2pm Water Wars (no cars/trucks; golf carts and bikes only; wear a red-white-and-blue bandana to participate) Note: 5 out of 7 homes are Nauticat Families: Dienno-Demarests, Redmonds, Montalvos, Blooms, and Davis-Tinsons
- 5:15pm-5:55pm Parade Line-Up @ Gloria Dei
- 6pm Parade
- 6:15pm-9pm Fun in David Braun Park w/ food trucks, music, activities
- 9pm Fireworks
Stroke & Turn
still 11:30-12pm with this schedule change:
- Monday 7/4: no practice; no stroke & turn
- Tuesday 7/5: Back… Wednesday 7/6: Breast… Thursday 7/7: Fly
- Friday 7/8: rescheduled Freestyle
- Practices July 11-15 will be only for those participating in postseason meets
- 8:15-9:15 for 13&Up; 9:15-10:15 for 12&Under
- Last Chance Meet is Tue 7/12 at Baytown High School Natatorium
- Champ Series is at Clear Springs HS with Reserve on July 16 @9am and Champ on July 17th @8am
- Interested in buying an ad in the Champ Series Program as a sponsor/ business or family-cheering-on-swimmer(s)? Click here!
- Got questions about anything postseason? Check out my FAQs on Postseason.
11&Up Social Night TOMORROW, Tues 6/21 6:30pm-8:30pm–only for Nauticats swimmers 11&Up– pizza, popcorn, and sno-cones will be provided; BYO water bottle!
It’d be SUPER helpful to have a volunteer parent working the sno-cones. Please let Coach Abby or Gloria know if you can help.
Away MEET on Sat 6/25 at Southbelt
UNIQUE TO THIS MEET:
LOCATION: Ashley Pointe Pool 12315 Blackhawk Blvd. Houston, 77089
PARKING: Please note that parking is NOT allowed on Blackhawk Blvd. Please park at Weber Elementary, 11955 Blackhawk Blvd, Houston, TX 77089
This means you will need to WALK along Blackhawk from the parking to the meet.
Pro-Tip #1: it’s 0.4 miles walk from Weber Elementary to Ashley Pointe Pool; drop your kids and stuff at the pool and then go park the car.
Gloria will have the Volunteer tent outside the gate and will watch your kids and your stuff while you park and safely walk. (Helpers welcome!!)
If you’re solo-parenting, please don’t hesitate to ask other Cat Families for help! We’re all in this together!
VOLUNTEERS: Southbelt has an 8-lane pool and we are SHORT volunteers! We need 5 additional timers and 2 additional scorers… plus a few people have canceled on Gloria.
Volunteer check-in is outside the gate.
Check in with Gloria upon arrival (whether you’re 1st or 2nd half)
TENTING: Tents should be set up along the outside perimeter of the pool’s fence.
CONCESSIONS: Y’all, our NAUTICATS concessions are DELICIOUS and plentiful thanks to Nik Arlan and his team of amazing volunteers. No other team has concessions like ours.
Pro-Tip #2: pack food! Concessions may be light snacks… or they might be varied… but they won’t be Cat-Caliber.
Check-In with coaches @7am; Warm-Ups @7:15am.
Text Coach Dalton 281-961-6404 or Coach Jack 281-705-8862 asap with any unexpected changes to avoid scratches!
Volunteers checkin upon arrival (whether you’re 1st or 2nd half)
CHECK-OUT BEFORE LEAVING THE MEET: Please, please don’t leave the meet early without letting the Coaches know. Swimmers may be asked to do a Relay later in the meet.
PICTURES have arrived; contact Tracy Smith if you have not received your pics.
COACHES CORNER: STARTS @ Stroke & Turn
Stroke & Turn continues every Mon-Th 11:30-12. In addition to specialized work on each stroke, another option is to request work on starts and turns with each stroke. $10 per session per kid (cash to the coaches).
Fridays: Make-Up Day, in case a session is canceled for weather
Declare for our LAST AWAY MEET:
Invitation to declare for our last AWAY Meet was sent last week. Login to the Parent Portal to declare your intent.
PLEASE RSVP – whether attending or not-attending! It’s super stressful to chase people down for a response, and even worse when we’re at the mercy of an Away Clerk!
The deadline to declare for the 7/9 Meet @ El Lago is the Sun 7/3 at 11:59pm
Kickball continues Weekly on Mondays 6:30-8pm at David Braun Park
Nassau Bay – Independance Day Celebration!
Stay tuned for Nauticats-specific plans that day (e.g., we LOVE Water-Wars and we have a Nauticats Float…)
SERVICE: The official Collection for Africa has ended – THANKS for all donations! Amber will be away for the next couple weeks, but her Mission Trip isn’t till later in July. If you missed the opportunity and still want to donate, just email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate dropoff.
See you at the pool, Julie
“Weekly Emails 2022”