News and Announcements
Dear Cat Families,
As we’re sure you’ve heard:
“Harris County is now at Level 1 (red): Severe and uncontrolled transmission of COVID-19. Stay home except for the most essential needs. Additional guidance at http://ReadyHarris.org.”
Your volunteer Board has met weekly, trying to figure out how to execute a season safely. With the safety of the kids as our priority, our modified in-person, swim-clinic season is CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
We will be in touch with alternative plans, as soon as we can restructure, reimagine, replan, and execute them. We will also work on refunding the money for any clinic signups.
We are as sad and disappointed as you are, but we also care too much about the kids’ safety to put anyone at risk in these circumstances.
The Clear Creek Swim League has handed down guidance to member teams that allows for a variety of levels of participation in the 2020 season within the rules and recommendations set out by the Center for Disease Control and the State of Texas. CCSL is also leaning heavily on USA Swimming and UIL to provide templates for safe operation.
The Nauticats Board has decided after much deliberation that it is not in our team’s best interest to pursue participation in intra-league swim meets. The Board has chosen a course of action that we hope will provide for the encouragement of community relations and social interactions with safety being our primary concern.
The current recommendations from USA Swimming are as follows:
1. Avoid getting closer than six feet to anyone coughing or sneezing;
2. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has 60-95% alcohol. This is especially important after going to the bathroom, before eating, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing;
3. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
4. Cover your mouth with a tissue or your elbow if you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash, and then wash your hands;
5. Stay home if you are sick, and away from the pool and from fellow team members;
6. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly;
7. Monitor the WHO and CDC websites for travel advisories and follow their recommendations.
Please see the 2019-2020 Annual Calendar for important off-season dates as we prepare for next year’s season.
The document CCSL_Yearly_Calendar.pdf was attached to this post.
PANCAKE BREAKFAST (& PICTURE DAY) ON FRIDAY, May 31 st: This is when we take both individual and Team pictures at the pool.
- PLEASE arrive no later than 8am ; the Team picture happens at 8:10am sharp
- Individual & sibling pictures begin at 7:30am and will continue after the Team pic as needed.
- Family Service Volunteers: look for your reminder email from Kim Neal email@example.com, which will indicate the time to arrive
- St. Thomas Episcopal is making pancakes for the team to enjoy while we gather (and wait, and suddenly rush) for pictures.
- Volunteers will serve each swimmer 2 pancakes at a time, to be sure everyone has the chance to eat.
Picture order forms will be available at the pool at Wed & Thurs afternoon practices, as well as Fri morning as you arrive for pictures. For your convenience, a PDF is also attached.
- Pro-Tip #1: The Veteran parent favorite is the League Special “Package A” for $12, 1-8×10 Team, 1-5×7 & 4-Wallet Individual photos. You can also get sibling packages… individual + sibling or JUST sibling.
- Pro-Tip #2: Save time by having your form filled out in advance, at home!
NO PRACTICE FRIDAY, but be in your suits for the pictures!
- Open Swim for 45 min after everything is finished, courtesy of the generosity of our coaches!
The document Photo_Packages_2019.pdf was attached to this post.