News and Announcements
Lumber Company Softball is looking forward to the 2010 season. Updates around the 2010 campaign are below.
- April Update: Lumber Company's first tournament of 2010 will be the USSSA "D" NIT in Joliet, IL on April 24th and 25th. Limestone Brewery will be sponsoring the Lumber Co. for this tournament.
- March Update: New roster additions for the Lumber Company in 2010 will include Jim Lesnik (#7), Brad Walsh (#17), Ryan Nurczyk (#23) and Eric Boe (#24). Welcome guys!!
- February Update: Lumber Company will be playing their league nights in Joliet in the Tuesday "C" and Thursday "B" leagues.
- January Update: Lumber Company welcomes back Drahos Dental as their title sponsor for the 2010 season. A big THANKS to Dr. Lee Drahos.
On Sunday, October 25th Lumber Company's Manager and 3B, Bob Munday, and ex-Lumber Company OF, Joe Pullara, are riding their bicycles in the 90 mile Austin, TX Livestrong Challenge. The Livestrong Challenge is a fundraiser for the Lance Armstrong Foundation. If you are interested in making a donation (large or small) to the cuase, please click on the link below. Thanks in Advance!!
Lumber Company opens this weekend's USSSA "D" State Tournament on Saturday, August 15th at 11:00am against Down N Dirty in Rockford, IL at Forest Hills on field #1. There are 54 teams in this weekend's USSSA "D" State Tournament. Click the link below to view the entire bracket.
Check back on Monday to see how the Lumber Company makes out.
**open the attachments below for directions to Forest Hills in Rockford, IL
Lumber Co. won three games on Friday night in route to winning the 2009 Competitive Joliet City Tournament Title. Lumber Co. opened the night with a 11-1 victory over Redrum/Uptown Tap putting them in the Championship game and giving them another shot at Shockers. Lumber Co. won the first Championship game over Shockers 20-19 forcing the "if" game. In the City Tournament final the Lumber Company scored early and often winning in 6 innings by the final of 20-6. Congratulations to all Lumber Co. players, sponsors and fans on a great week of softball. The scores of all the Lumber Co. City Tournament games were as follows.
- Game #1: Lumber Co. 17, Jameson's/D'Arcy 7
- Game #2: Lumber Co. 18, Boru Ballers 13
- Game #3: Shockers 11, Lumber Co. 10
- Game #4: Lumber Co. 11, Redrum/Uptown Tap 1
- Game #5: Lumber Co. 20, Shockers 19
- Game #6: Lumber Co. 20, Shockers 6
Leading the LoCo offense for the week were J.Filas, 1.000; T.Matichak, .750; K.Nahs, .684, 1 HR; T.Giese, .667, 1 HR; B.Munday, .667; A.Blazekovich, .625; K.Quinn, .609; R.Wilda, .609, 1 HR; M.Maloney, .588, B.Strum, .550, 2 HRs and M.Staab, .500. Contributing with timely hitting, on the defensive side of the ball, on the mound and on the bases were K.Wallace, M.Narducci, S.Munday, J.Lesnik and M.Wallace. This one was a total TEAM effort.
Click on the link below to view the Joliet Heralrd New Story on the Lumber Co. win.