2017 End of Season Prep Board Meeting
CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Present: Ken Taylor, Ray DeLuca, Bob Hammond, Dewey Hom, Mike Parson, Dan Fleming, Warren Butler, John Humeston, Randy Bergman, Scott Parrish
September 18 ,2017
Absent: Lee Molway, Bob Werner
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 6:45pm
Treasurers Report: Beginning balance: $19,622,91 Ending balance: $23,858.66 Accepted. See attached for details.
• Masters League Draft discussion – lessons learned for the future.
• Thursday night at Skip Wells – Has been a great success. Have increased player level to 4 full teams. Have also added some new players that previously did not play in CSSA. Very positive feedback. Thanks to all that made this happen.
• Banquet/Tickets – Ray presented 2 options. 1) Sidelines at Sidelines or at Fendley Farms. 2) Bedoe’s to cater at The Bluff’s. After discussion, Ken Taylor made a motion to go with Bedoe’s. it was 2nd. by Randy Bergman. It was voted on and passed with a vote of 10 for and 0 against. There was also a discussion about ticket prices. It was decided to go with $20.00 ticket price. It passed with a vote of 9 for and 1 against. See board member for tickets. Tickets must be purchased before banquet. No ticket sales at door. Tickets available until Nov. 6th. • Banquet – The Bluff’s, November 13th, 2017. Doors open at 6:30. Program to start at 7:00.
• Arnold Fowler Nominations: There were 3 nominations. Ballots will be ready by October 1st.
• Hats – The league has purchased some CSSA hats. They are very limited and will be available for $5.00 . • League updates-
Ray – doing doubleheader to make up for rainouts.
Bob – doing doubleheader next week for rainouts
Randy – new player pool working well
John – doing doubleheaders this week
Mike – doing doubleheaders next 2 weeks to make up
Dan – still need to make up 1 week
• Randy volunteered to help with awards for this year. Thanks Randy.
• Next meeting October 9th. 6:30 pm, Jaipur Living, 1800 Cherokee Parkway, Acworth, GA.
• Meeting adjourned