HOW TO DOWNLOAD AN INSTAGRAM STORY
HOW TO SAVE A VIDEO AS AN INSTAGRAM STORY?
SAVE INSTAGRAM STORIES FROM OTHER USERS
Instagram stories only last 24 hours. After which, they disappear forever! So you may be wondering how to download an Instagram story to immortalize a moment in your life.
The story is undoubtedly the most spontaneous and personalized format on Instagram. You might want to capture some of those moments so you can see them again and feel the same emotions you experienced at that time.
Plus, your followers will enjoy revisiting photos and videos that reflect the happy times in your life.
Therefore, I am going to share tips on how to save an Instagram story. Here you will learn how to download Instagram stories from other users.
DOWNLOAD YOUR INSTAGRAM STORY ON SMARTPHONE
If you want to download your Instagram stories directly into your phone’s gallery, two solutions are available to you.
DOWNLOAD YOUR STORIES BEFORE PUBLISHING THEM
The most effective way to save an Instagram story to your smartphone gallery is to upload it right before you post it.
When you make a photo or video in your Insta story, you have the option of saving it directly to your phone’s library.
To do this, nothing simpler. Here are the steps to follow:
• Access your news feed;
• Tap on the camera at the top left of your screen;
• Take your video or photo;
• Make any changes you want;
• Click the download icon, which is shaped like an arrow and is at the top of your screen.
Now you can find your visual directly in the gallery of your smartphone.
DOWNLOAD YOUR STORIES AFTER PUBLISHING THEM
You can also save a story after posting it.
If you want to save your story, you must do so within 24 hours of posting it by following these steps:
• Go to your Instagram profile;
• You need to select your profile picture to access your story;
• then click on “More” at the bottom right of your screen;
• Another step is to click on “Save…”;
• Now choose between “Save photo” and “Save story.”
You can find your image or video in your camera roll.
PIN YOUR INSTAGRAM STORY TO THE FRONT PAGE
Instagram gives us the possibility to add stories to the cover of your profile even after 24 hours of publication. Items you feature on your Instagram profile appear below your profile bio.
To feature a story on your profile, follow these steps:
• Access your Insta profile;
• Click on;
• Select the story(s) to highlight, then click “Next”;
• Now click “Edit Cover,” then choose a cover photo, then click “Done”;
• Enter a name for the category your story will be featured in, then click “Add” for iPhone or “Done” for Android.
You can always add more photos or videos to your featured stories at any time. Simply click on your featured story, then click “Edit Featured Content.”
Note: Note that Stories that you feature will remain featured until you remove them. And this, even after the original story is gone. Keep in mind that people who can see your story can also see your featured items.
ARCHIVE A STORY ON INSTAGRAM
You have the option to back up your stories using Instagram’s built-in archive.
If you’ve enabled this feature, you don’t need to save your stories to your phone; they will be directly saved on your Instagram account.
Interestingly you can enable archiving of your Instagram stories very easily by following these steps:
• Go to your Instagram profile;
• Click on the 3 bars superimposed at the top right of your screen;
• Access the “Settings” menu;
• Access the “Privacy” menu;
• Click on the “Story” menu;
• Check the box “Save to archive.”
DOWNLOAD ANY STORIES WITH INGRAM
One of the easiest and most effective ways for you to download Instagram stories is to use Ingramer. The good thing is that it is a free tool that allows you to save not only Instagram stories but also photos, videos, profiles, and even IGTV videos.
You may wonder if you can download stories from other Instagram profiles? Yes, you can! To save the content of stories that interest you, follow these steps:
• First, you should open Ingramer and click on “Tools”;
• Then go on and select “Instagram downloader”;
• Then select “Download stories”;
• Now you need to type the “Username” of the Instagram profile by adding the prefix @;
• Click on the “Download” button;
• Select the desired file and click “Download.”
How to save Instagram stories from other users? Nothing could be simpler with the tool we have just seen! interestingly you can use Ingramer to save Instagram stories but also lots of other data:
• Download Instagram photos;
• Download Instagram videos;
• Save Instagram profiles;
• You can also save IGTV videos.
Now you know how to retrieve stories from other users. But what about your rights?
You may wonder: IS IT LEGAL TO USE STORIES FROM OTHER INSTAGRAM PROFILES?
There are many laws that protect authors and their works from plagiarism, as you already know. This means that you cannot use the saved story as if it were your own; you cannot publish it and make a profit from it. However, you can ask permission from the owner to republish their content.
If the author gives you their approval, remember to mention it when you publish their stories on your profile. You can be completely confident about using other people’s content if you do it right and don’t violate any law.
Now you are able to download an Instagram story. Let’s recap the five tips we just saw to recover an Instagram story:
• Download your story on a smartphone;
• Then pin your Instagram story to the front page;
• Archive a story on Instagram;
• Save your Instagram story to PC;
• Download any stories with Ingramer.
I hope this article has helped you see more clearly the different tricks you can use to download your Instagram stories.
Feel free to leave your impressions in the comments and share your experience with me.