CSSA Board of Directors Meeting
May 4, 2015
Present: Dewey Hom, Commissioner and Acting Legends League Director , Paul Knotts, Vice Commissioner, Ken Taylor, Treasurer; Warren Butler, American League Director; Ray DeLuca, Senior League Director; Ron O’Donnell, Master League Director
Absent: Mike Ryan, Lowell Lawson League Director; Terry Cartledge, Player Representative Glenn Peacock, Secretary, Peter Fowler, National League Director, Randy Bergman, Legacy League Director
Dewey Hom called meeting to order at 7:00 PM
Secretary Minutes: Discussed from e-mail sent by Glenn Peacock last month, and approved.
Treasurers Report: A printed version was handed out to those present. Starting balance was $10,189.82. With the input of sponsor & player fees, and payouts for umpires, scorekeepers and various other expenses the current balance is $22,487.10. The budget was discussed and approved.
1) Anniversary Shirts: As of today there has been a total of $385.00, collected in sales for the shirts (money has not yet been deposited into account). Contact Warren with questions or orders.
2) Rain-Outs & Updates:
A) American League: Will play a 12 game season. One (1) game was made up last week. Warren will speak to players and managers about the Code of Conduct concerning arguing and language at tomorrow night’s games.
B) Masters League: Playing one (1) week behind, but trying to make up one (1) rain-out to complete a 12 game season. Ron will also speak to players and coaches at tomorrow night’s games concerning Code of Conduct.
C) Legacy League: Will make up rain-out game at the end of the season
D) Gold Senior League: Will begin playing two (2) double headers starting on May 11, and June 1. This will allow league to have a 12 game season. Ray will speak to players and coaches next Monday about Code of Conduct, and remind them that only the coach should discuss issues concerning the game with umpires.
E) Legends League: Everything seems to be OK, and some bad situations from the past have been corrected and worked out.
F) Lowell Lawson League: No report given
3) Rules Sub Committee Meeting: Will be conducted next Monday evening 7:00 PM, at Sidelines Grill, 5343 Old Hwy 5, Suite 301, Woodstock, GA 30188 (located in the Toonigh Kroger Shopping Center). Subcommittee will consist of: Dewey, Ray, Warren, Ken & Ron. If anyone else from the board wishes to attend, please let Ray (770-355-3911) know ASAP in order to have adequate room for seating.
The topics to be discussed:
a) Voting on awards
b) Rain-out standard
c) Runs for and/or against
d) Tie breakers
4) Evaluations – Fall League: Evaluations will be conducted on Tuesdays – July 14 and 21, beginning at 6:00 PM
5) Fall Draft:
a) National League – Wednesday, July 22, 2015 (Pete)
b) American League – Saturday, July 25, 2015 (Warren)
c) Masters League – Tuesday, July 28, 2015 (Ron)
d) Legacy League – Saturday, August 1, 2015 (Randy)
6) Fall Season Begins: Monday, August 10, 2015 (voted on and passed)
7) Scorekeepers: We now have 3 working, and a 4th will be added beginning June 1, 2015.
8) Pay Raise: A motion was given to have a $3.00, pay raise to scorekeepers on Tuesday and Wednesday night games to be comparable with other games. The motion increases the pay from $17.00 per game to $20.00 per game. A second motion was given to have a $5.00 pay raise for Monday morning games. The increase goes from $20.00 to $25.00 per game. Both motions were discussed and passed.
9) Family Loss: It was brought to our attention tonight that the brother of Patrick Leonard (3rd baseman for Peachtree Wealth Services) passed away last week. He died from a freak accident in his home. Since we were not made aware of his loss, we did not send any flowers to his funeral as we customarily do. We will discuss an alternative after more information of his passing is obtained.
Next meeting will be on the second Monday, June 8, 2015, due to time and day conflicts with several board members.
Gold Senior League Director
Lawn Doctor of Woodstock
R & D Handyman Service
Door 2 Door Locks & Hardware