NOV BOD Meeting
CSSA BOARD MEETING
October 11, 2021
The monthly meeting of the CSSA was held October 11, 2021, at GameDay Grill, and called to order by Norm Thiem at 1:00 PM.
Members present: Ray DeLuca, Dick O’Conner, Robbie Crider, John Humeston, Bob Werner, Norm Thiem, Mike Parson, Andy Tubbs, Dewey Hom & Leland Brown
Absent: Brad Tafoya & Randy Bergman
Guests included: Anne Ryan, Maria Burden, Stacie Pittman & Mike Maguire
A. Minutes from September 20, 2021, meeting were discussed & approved.
B. No treasury report was presented.
C. Current nominations for the Arnold Fowler and Lowell Lawson Awards were presented. Nominations for the Arnold Fowler and Lowell Lawson Awards will be accepted until October 15, 2021. The written nomination should contain a reason as to why the person should be considered for the award, and also contain the nominating person’s name & phone number. Nominations can be given to any BOD member, or sent via e-mail or regular mail to Ray DeLuca at:
2. 105 Rock Creek Drive, Canton, GA 30114
Voting for the Arnold Fowler Award will take place by the players the last 2 weeks of the fall season. The Lowell Lawson Award will be voted on by the BOD’s and team managers the end of the season.
D. Banquet is scheduled for Tuesday, November 16, 2021 from 6:30 – 9:30 PM.
1. Banquet location has been changed… The new location is Suite Six (upstairs from Sidelines Grill) 147 Reinhardt College Pkwy, Canton, GA;
2. Ticket sales will begin the week of October 18th, and all ticket sales MUST be completed by October 31st in order to have an accurate head count… NO SALES AT DOOR;
3. Ticket prices are: $25 for player and $15 for each guest;
4. We will use a credit card system for payments. If you are not able to use a credit card, checks and/or cash will be accepted;
5. Players over 80 years young will be admitted FREE, but spouses and/or guests must pay the $15 dinner fee;
6. The banquet will also have some surprises and a new award;
7. We ask that everyone attending the banquet to bring at least 1 unwrapped toy to be used for: All Children Deserve a Christmas.
a. Norman Thiem Commissioner
b. Mike Parson Vice Commissioner
c. Maria Burden Secretary
d. Ray DeLuca Treasurer
e. Leland Brown Player Rep
f. Dewey Hom Gold Senior League Director
g. Bob Werner Les Taylor League Director
h. Mike Maguire American League Director
i. Robbie Crider National League Director
j. John Humeston Masters League Director
k. Dick O’Conner Lowell Lawson League Director
l. Bob Poindexter Legacy League Director
m. Robbie Crider Skip Wells League Director
F. The CSSA is looking into the possibility to open an on-line-store. We will review the possibilities and use a link on our website to offer bats and other equipment at a discounted price. A discussion & decision is scheduled for next BOD meeting.
G. Golf Tournament Information:
Veterans Day, Thursday, November 11, 2021. (Rain Date:11/18/2021)
Time: Noon Shotgun Start
Format: 4 person scramble
Registration: Opens 10:30 AM
Location: Towne Lake Hills Golf Club
1003 Towne Lake Hills E
Cost: $65 per participant and at least 1 unwrapped toy for the children for Christmas.
Prizes: Longest drives, closest to pin, low score prizes, door prizes.
For more information, contact Tom Cameron, Tom.email@example.com or
J. Next BOD meeting is scheduled for Monday, November1, 2021, 6:30 PM at Gameday Grill.
Meeting adjourned at 2:45 PM
R & D Handyman Service
Lawn Doctor of Woodstock
Poindexter Family Dentistry
Cornerstone Estate Planning
Misfit Sports Apparel