July 10, 2017 BOARD MEETING
*CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING *
July 10, 2017
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Warren Butler, Ray DeLuca, Mike Parson, Bob Werner, Ken Taylor, Lee Molway, John Humeston
Absent: Randy Bergman, Scott Parrish
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 6:40pm
Treasurers Report: Beginning balance – $22,624.86 Ending balance – $13,454.90 See attached for details. Voted to accept.
CPR Class a Success
Thanks to all that attended, and a special thanks to Warren Butler for taking the time to get it organized. Would like to do another class in the future.
• League updates: Monday Morning Senior will have draft on July 20th. Monday Legends will have draft on July 24th, and they have voted to go with 2 umpires. Wednesday Morning will have their draft on July 27th. American League, Masters and Legacy have yet to set dates.
• Thursday Night League at Skip Wells Park is still a work in progress. They have approximately 30 players committed so far but need around 50-55.
• Pitching Screen – discussed going to a new screen position approximately 30’ from home plate. The pitcher would pitch over the screen thus eliminating previous rules. Positive feedback from pitchers and hitters that have been using in practice games. Will be voted on at August meeting.
• New Rule changes – The following rule changes were voted on at tonight’s meeting. Constitution by-laws. Passed 8-0. Roster changes. Passed 8-0. Length of games (morning leagues). Passed 8-0, commitment line change. Passed 8-0. Others were discussed and will be voted on at August meeting.
• Next meeting: August 7, 2017. 1800 Cherokee Parkway, Acworth, GA (Jaipur Living)
Door 2 Door Locks & Hardware
Lawn Doctor of Woodstock
R & D Handyman Service