CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING: November 7, 2016
Present: Dewey Hom, Warren Butler, Bob Hammond, Randy Bergman, Mike Parsons, Lee Molway, Ray Deluca, Ken Taylor, Jerry Bohacek, Ron O’Donnell
Absent: Scott Parrish
Dewey Hom – calls meeting to order at 6:30pm
Secretary Minutes: October minutes presented, but were amended and sent out for comments. None made and posted.
Treasures Report: Beginning balance- $12,480.38. Ending balance – $6,193.68
· Checked with everyone about banquet tickets and all money collected.
· Everything set with food, waiting on a final count.
· Banquet – Doors open at 6:30, dinner at 7:00, program starts at 7:45.
· Evaluation dates: February 11/12, February 18/19, 2017
· Spring season starts March 13, 2017
· Discussed meeting with NGUA
· Discussed meeting with second party, and possibly using his umpires.
· Umpires are 40% of our budget, how would we like to move forward to reduce this cost?
· Discussed going to 1 umpire at a game. Consensus among board members was using 1 umpire was the way to go. Would like league directors to discuss with team managers and get their input. Will discuss in December.
· Lee Molway has fixed some issues with website and projected to be future webmaster. Thanks Lee.
· Score keeping –it was suggested that we simplify scoring. The idea was if you get on base it is a hit or a walk. This takes the subjectivity out of the scorekeepers’ hands and makes it more fair, and easy for automated scoring. Will discuss before season starts.
· Next meeting – December 5th, 6:30 pm at GameDay.
Lawn Doctor of Woodstock
R & D Handyman Service
Door 2 Door Locks & Hardware