by Steven Vander Meulen, 2022-05-10T09:16:59.000-07:00May 10 2022, at 09:16 AM PDT
Lumby Lightning Summer Swim Club
April News 2022
Head Coach Steven email: email@example.com
Welcome all to the 2022 Season of the Lumby Lightning Summer Swim Club.
It’s looking a lot like spring time and our summer is looking a little more normal with Covid in recession. I am very excited to get out to the Lumby pool and start our swimming season; this will be my fourth season with the Lightning.
I will outline below what we have in store for swimmers/members for the coming swim season.
Registration is open now for Past \ Current Members. New membership registration will open soon.
Maintenance sessions: Pay Vernon Rec. for Lap/Leisure Swim 12:00-1:30PM and swim with Coach Steven from 12:00-1:00PM. Dates April 2, 16, 30, May 7, 21. Saturdays.
• First Day of swimming/ Assessments Day – May 24th – Tuesday.
• New/Beginner/Younger swimmers swim from 4:00-4:55PM, Intermediate and Senior swimmers swim 5:00-6:00PM.
• Morning swim training for all Senior swimmers will start after Canada Day, Tuesday, July 5th, Friday, July 9th. 6:30-8:00AM. Two mornings a week.
• Days with NO swim training:
o Friday, July 1st, Canada Day
o Monday, August 1st , B.C. Day
• Challenge Week – Olympic Teams Theme. Last week of July. July 25-29.
• Awards Picnic, Fun Swim at Lumby POOL – Wednesday July 27th
• Last Day of regular swimming – August 12th
• Any provincial swimmers will swim August 15-17 – Provincials will be in Kamloops-18-21.
The Lumby Lightning Summer Swim Club will host our meet June 18-19th.
Please help support our meet
We are recruiting for Swim Teachers to help with the Turtles program. The program is scheduled to start June 6th from 4:00-5:00PM, through the weekdays until August 12. This will depend on getting swim teachers.
Swim meet schedule for the summer:
Lumby Swim Meet: June 18-19 Sign up to help…
Revelstoke Meet: July 9-10 1hr 46 min drive.
Kelowna Meet: July 23-24 50 min drive.
Regional Champs TBA: August 6-7
Provincials/ Kamloops: Aug 18-21 –Can Games Pool – Indoors. 1hr 24 min. drive.