Lady Titans LAX - A Call to Arms - Volunteers Needed
Lady Titan LAX Family,
I wanted to reach out to all of you to put out a “Call to Arms” for volunteers. I really don’t like to do things like this as I know all of you are busy, but we are at a point where we will need help, and I think the girl’s team should bear a proportional amount of the burden as the boy’s parents do when it comes to helping run this lacrosse club. In other words, I think it’s only fair we pull our own weight when running this awesome club.
That being said, here’s what we will need help with, and if any of you are interested in donating your time and talent to the cause, you’ll help us maintain our reputation as one of the best-run and strongest high school lacrosse clubs in the KC Metro.
- Lacrosse Board Positions. We currently have 2 openings to fill and could be filled by any lacrosse parent. These positions are usually a 2-year commitment. The amount of time you’ll need to dedicate to this cause will be about 2 hours a month during our monthly board meeting, plus discussions over email (and maybe phone calls). You’ll be a part of the fiscal decisions of the club, as well as the strategic direction for future seasons.
- Help with onsite registration: We would like to have a few people help with registration activities in December. Usual positions are things like collecting money, helping with online activities (joining Teampages, US Lacrosse membership, etc…), help with uniform sizing.
- Help with Senior Night festivities. If you are a parent of a Senior player, please do not volunteer as we want to use this night to celebrate you and your daughter.
- Help with the End of Season Banquet. We would like people to help plan the dates, decorations, food, etc…
- Gameday Activities: For our home games, I will need some help with setting up the field for play, I need someone in the press box running the scoreboard (clock and scores), I need 2 people at the table on the sideline (one to keep the books and one to be a spotter).
If any of you could help, that would be awesome. As you can see, there are a lot things going on that most don’t see if you are not actively part of the process throughout the year. I like to use the analogy of a duck on the lake…the duck glides across the water so gracefully, but nobody sees the feet below the water line paddling like crazy.
If any of you have any questions or want to volunteer, please reach out to me at email@example.com or at 816-977-5707.
Thank you so much,