News and Announcements
Congratulations to Saanich Midget C5 for winning this years Reid Kyfiuk Cup! C5 entered the RK playoffs in a distant 5th place of 5 teams and was led to RK victory by team captains Parker Cotie, Anam Hira, and MicKeely Rippin, the only graduating players on the team. They helped to energize a young team composed mostly of first year midget players. The 6-0 final was score was also a testament to the strong play of netminder Zach Parsons and the rest of the team, which included: Leah Amson, Dane Beckner, Tussak Christie, Carson Cotie, Griffin Gilmour, Marshall Golden, Elladee Kay, Shaun Keram, Daria Laal, Zachary Lozman, Tyler Nakatsu, Jacob Piercy, Joel Tudor, and Elise Tuff. The team, and their coaches (Brian Christie, Kristen Kay, Rob Rippin, Mike Beckner) would like to thank the Kyfiuk family for their continued support of the event and are proud to be associated with this prestigious award.
*Edited April 1, 2019
Online Registration will be open April 1, 2019, for returning SMHA players. You will have until April 30th to complete this.
PRIOR TO REGISTERING PLEASE READ BELOW IN ADDITION TO THE ATTACHED PDF
The instructions for the online application are straightforward, however, since this is new, if you run into any difficulty, or if you have any questions or concerns, please contact Bobbie at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can “tweak it” if necessary.
A few things to note:
1. Registration is only open to returning SMHA players through this link. (SMHA must be listed as the primary association through Hockey Canada).
2. You are required to enter each players’ individual HCR (Hockey Canada Registry) number in order to validate that player and proceed through the registration process with Saanich Minor Hockey. Your team manager should have provided this number to you within the past few weeks. If you haven’t received it, please reach out to your 2018-19 team manager. The HCR # is usually 13 digits, beginning with either 1400xxx or 1500xxx. There are a few exceptions though.
3. The set-up process for this season will take a little longer, particularly if this is your first time registering through TeamSnap. Future years will be much faster. If your team was using TeamSnap this past season, you will need to log in using your current information.
4. While registration is open for returning players from April 1st onward, TeamSnap will be unavailable for planned maintenance on Tuesday April 2nd from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m.
5. For new registrants, please contact Bobbie at email@example.com if you have not already done so. There will a separate New Player Registration Form that will include proof of date of birth etc. These forms will be sent out to the New Player families based on space limitations per Division.
- Just a reminder of birth years and divisions (for ease of reference)
Initiation 2013, 2014
Novice 2011, 2012
Atom 2009, 2010
Peewee 2007, 2008
Bantam 2005, 2006
Midget 2002, 2003, 2004
Juvenile 1999, 2000, 2001
Here are your instructions:
1. Please follow this link to register your players: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/177921
2. Click on the green NEW SIGNUP button or LOGIN (for returning TeamSnap participants)
3. Follow the prompts and proceed to checkout
Again, if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to ask Bobbie.
The document Registration_tips.pdf was attached to this post.
Please follow the link below to the SMHA 2018/2019 Coaching Staff Survey
Congratulations to SMHA/VMHA Co-op Peewee T4 for participating in the Provincial Games in #Lillooet. Tied 2 games in the series (one of them with only 6 seconds left in the game), up against some teams that played division 2 all season. The team worked hard every minute of every 20 minute period, never giving up, and celebrated even the small victories. They were commended by several teams on their sportsmanship, which is a strong reflection of the coaches, manager and parents.
Midget C2 played 7 hard fought games to come away with the gold for the second year in a row. They went 4-1 in round robin and made their way to the final game by beating Victoria in the semis. It was a tight battle for gold with it tied late in the third when our two third year players, Kylo Hanas and Ben Scheuer combined to score the tournament winning goal in their last shift in minor hockey. Fantastic way to cap off a great tournament and a fantastic season!