News and Announcements
2017 CSSA ANNUAL BANQUET
CSSA ANNUAL BANQUET
The CSSA annual banquet and awards night will take place on Monday evening, November 13, 2017. The event will begin at 6:30 PM at the Northside Hospital Cherokee Conference Center, 1130 Bluffs Pkwy, Canton, GA 30114, (770) 721-7800. This year’s event will be catered by Bedoe’s Grill, who will offer your choice of 2 entrée’s, 2 sides, salads, dinner rolls, dessert and drinks that will include water, tea, lemonade and coffee. There will also be a cash bar for those who wish to participate.
Price of the tickets is $20 per person, and all ticket sales will be completed prior to November 6, 2017. We need to have an accurate head count at least 7 days prior to the event. Therefore, there will be NO BANQUET TICKET SALES AT THE DOOR. Please get your tickets early for you and your guest, and come and support the CSSA, your teammates and sponsors.
Tickets will be made available through the following CSSA Board of Directors starting the evening of September 26:
Warren Butler Randy Bergman Bob Werner
Ken Taylor Lee Molway Mike Parson
Bob Hammond Ray DeLuca John Humeston
Thank you for your assistance and let’s make it another record turnout!!
Big Glove Competition
Big Glove Competition How does your glove measure up Dewey.
Darrell Moreland's Dad passed away.
Darrell Moreland’s Dad passed away. I know many of the CSSA players know him as a player and umpire for our CSSA family.
Visitation is Friday 6:00-8:00 and Saturday 2:00-3:00 Service is 3:00Pm Saturday.
Tom M Wages Funeral Service
3705 Highway 78 W, Snellville, GA 30039
2017 BOD Sept Meeting
August 28, 2017
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Ken Taylor, Lee Molway, Dan Fleming, Bob Werner, John Humeston, Scott Parrish, Randy Bergman, Ray DeLuca
Absent: Mike Parson, Warren Butler
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order
• Thursday Night League – Skip Wells Park league is off to a good start. Over 40 people signed up so far. Need 5-8 more to get to 4 teams. Contact Dewey Hom, Mike Parson or Norm Thiem if interested.
• Ken Taylor – He is going to meet with Scott Gordon to discuss relationship between CSSA and CRPA.
• Altered Bats – Perception of altered bats becoming an issue again. Further discussion needed.
• League Updates: Ray – Monday morning – league has gone to 2 umpires. Players will pay an extra $5.00. Bob – Monday morning – everything good.
Lee Molway – Wednesday morning- everything good.
John –Masters League – fixed draft issue.
Randy – Wednesday Legacy – has come up with new pool list. Players rated A-B-C.
• Banquet Nov. 13, 2017 – 6pm – 9pm – Ray is still in discussions with possible places to have banquet. Has talked to Sidelines, Bedoe’s, Gameday, and Donovan’s. Will discuss and decide on place at next board meeting.
• Nominations: Nominations are needed by Sept. 15th for all board positions. Positions that will be vacant are: Commissioner, Vice-Commissioner and Treasurer. All positions are available for nominees.
• Randy Bergman nominates Norm Thiem for Commissioner, 2nd by Dewey Hom
• Lee Molway nominates Dan Fleming for Wednesday Morning League Director. 2nd by Ken Taylor .
• Arnold Fowler Nominations – Needed by Sept. 15th.
• Next meeting – Sept. 18th. 2017, 6:30 pm, Jaipur Living, 1800 Cherokee Parkway, Acworth, GA.
• Meeting adjourned
All Games Canceled 09/05/2017
All Games canceled
Rained out stay home and safe