News and Announcements
2017 Awards Banquet
The banquet will be held on Monday evening, November 13, 2017. The event will begin at 6:30 PM at the Northside Hospital Cherokee Conference Center, 1130 Bluffs Pkwy, Canton, GA 30114, (770) 721-7800.
This year’s event will be catered by Bedoe’s Grill, your choice of lasagna or pulled pork (entrée), green beans, mac & cheese and coleslaw (choice of 2 sides), salad, dinner roll, dessert, water, tea, lemonade or coffee. There will also be a cash bar.
Due to popular demand the auction will be back with the proceeds going to a children’s charity. We will have the CRPA director and a special sponsor speaking.
Price of the tickets is $20 per person, and ticket sales will be completed prior to November 6, 2017. Come and support your team and sponsors. Tickets may be purchased from:
Ken Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Dan Fleming email@example.com
Mike Parson firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob Hammond email@example.com
Ray DeLuca firstname.lastname@example.org
John Humeston email@example.com
Dewey Hom firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Cobb P.A.R.K.S. Tournament
Softball @ Skip Wells update
Thursday, October 26th, 2017 Skip Wells Park
06:45 PM Yankees @ Poole’s BBQ-2
08:00 PM Braves @ Yankees
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017 Skip Wells Park
06:45 PM – 10:30 PM Tournament
2017 Oct, Board Meeting
CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
October 2, 2017
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Warren Butler, Bob Werner, John Humeston, Mike Parson, Ken Taylor, Lee Molway, Randy Bergman, Ray DeLuca, Don DiSalvo
Absent: Scott Parrish
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 6:30pm
• Championship shirts – after discussion it was decided to go with blue shirts this year. Shirts will be available at the banquet.
• Banquet menu – after discussion it was decided to go with lasagna and pulled pork as the 2 main dishes. Green beans, mac & cheese and coleslaw will be the side dishes. Dinner rolls, dessert, coffee, tea and water will also be provided. A cash bar will also be available. Thanks to Ray DeLuca for all the effort he puts into making this happen.
• Net clarification- John Humeston will seek to clarify some confusion in how the new rules are being implemented. He will draft the rule clarification to be used for all leagues.
• Arnold Fowler Award – It was discussed that this award should only be awarded to someone who has not previously won it. It will be voted on at a later date.
• Protests – it was discussed on whether there should be a charge to file a protest. After discussion, it was decided there was not a need for this at this time.
• Lee Molway protest – Bob Werner discussed protest filed by Lee. Bob had a discussion with both managers and it was determined that there was not a breach of the rules.
• Inactive players – There was discussion about the use of inactive players. It was decided we need to clarify the rules concerning this. More discussion is needed. • Meeting adjourned.
2017 End of Season Prep Board Meeting
CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Present: Ken Taylor, Ray DeLuca, Bob Hammond, Dewey Hom, Mike Parson, Dan Fleming, Warren Butler, John Humeston, Randy Bergman, Scott Parrish
September 18 ,2017
Absent: Lee Molway, Bob Werner
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 6:45pm
Treasurers Report: Beginning balance: $19,622,91 Ending balance: $23,858.66 Accepted. See attached for details.
• Masters League Draft discussion – lessons learned for the future.
• Thursday night at Skip Wells – Has been a great success. Have increased player level to 4 full teams. Have also added some new players that previously did not play in CSSA. Very positive feedback. Thanks to all that made this happen.
• Banquet/Tickets – Ray presented 2 options. 1) Sidelines at Sidelines or at Fendley Farms. 2) Bedoe’s to cater at The Bluff’s. After discussion, Ken Taylor made a motion to go with Bedoe’s. it was 2nd. by Randy Bergman. It was voted on and passed with a vote of 10 for and 0 against. There was also a discussion about ticket prices. It was decided to go with $20.00 ticket price. It passed with a vote of 9 for and 1 against. See board member for tickets. Tickets must be purchased before banquet. No ticket sales at door. Tickets available until Nov. 6th. • Banquet – The Bluff’s, November 13th, 2017. Doors open at 6:30. Program to start at 7:00.
• Arnold Fowler Nominations: There were 3 nominations. Ballots will be ready by October 1st.
• Hats – The league has purchased some CSSA hats. They are very limited and will be available for $5.00 . • League updates-
Ray – doing doubleheader to make up for rainouts.
Bob – doing doubleheader next week for rainouts
Randy – new player pool working well
John – doing doubleheaders this week
Mike – doing doubleheaders next 2 weeks to make up
Dan – still need to make up 1 week
• Randy volunteered to help with awards for this year. Thanks Randy.
• Next meeting October 9th. 6:30 pm, Jaipur Living, 1800 Cherokee Parkway, Acworth, GA.
• Meeting adjourned