News and Announcements
Nominations needed for Board of Directors by September 15
All board positions are open for nominations. These are the current candidates as nominated by the Board of Directors:
Commissioner – Norman Theim
Vice Commissioner – Lee Molway
Secretary – Bob Hammond
Player Rep – Scott Parrish
Senior Gold – Ray DeLuca
Legends – Bob Werner
American – Mike Parson
Masters – John Humeston
LLL – Dan Fleming
Legacy – Randy Bergman
All nominations are due by Sep 15. Send in your nomination with a paragraph stating why the candidate would be a good fit for the position and organization. These may be sent to Bob Hammond email@example.com
Jerry Estes Scorekeeper
Presentation for singing “Take me out to the Ball Park” Presented by Mellow Mushroom team. Look closely at the Flag. This is the spirit for us all to follow.
All rule motions made by the Board have been passed and incorporated into the
Constitution, By Laws and Rules of Play. Details may be found
in the About Us tab.
2017 Aug BOD Meeting
CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
August 8, 2017
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Bob Werner, Ken Taylor, Scott Parrish, Mike Parson, John Humeston, Lee Molway
Absent: Randy Bergman, Warren Butler, Ray DeLuca
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 7:05pm
• Rule changes – Amend constitution to include “Local Park Rules” for all softball programs. Passed 8 for 0 against. • Nominations for all board positions – Nominees must submit there qualifications and reasons for wanting to serve on BOD. Nominees must be approved by BOD to be put on ballot. Nominees must receive a 2/3 vote for Executive Committee positions and a majority vote for all other positions. To be voted on by proxy. • Player leaving a game early – If a player has to leave a game early for a personal reason, it will not be recorded as an out when his position comes up in the batting order. To be voted on by proxy. • Official games- 9 inning games will be considered complete after 4 ½ innings if home team is ahead. 7 inning game will be considered complete after 3 ½ innings if home team is ahead. To be voted on by proxy. • Meeting was adjourned
Skip Wells Park Inaugural Practice, Aug 17th, this Thursday
1. We are using this opportunity to expand CSSA into another metro Atlanta Park.
2. Priority will be given to players that are only playing once or not at all.
3. We will follow all current CSSA rules.
4. You must be turning 49 this year, bring ID if you are new.
5. Practice will begin at 6:45.
6. Come earlier to pay your $50 league fee, provide shirt size, preferred positions and warm up.
7. For the first year, this will be more of a formal pick up game type atmosphere.
8. If you cannot attend and still would like to play, make arrangements to pay Mike Parson or Dewey Hom before next Thursday.