FEB 2018 BOD MEETING
CSSA BOARD MINUTES
February 5, 2018
The monthly meeting of the CSSA Board was held at Gameday Restaurant and called to order by Norm Theim at 6:30 PM;
Present members: Ray DeLuca, Mike Parson, Ken Taylor, Bob Werner, Bob Hammond, Darrell Moreland, Norm Thiem, John Humeston, Dan Flemming,
Scott Parrish, Robbie Crieder & Dewey Hom;
Absent Members: Randy Bergman, who was still celebrating the Eagles win of Super Bowl LII. E-A-G-L-E-S, E-A-G-L-E-S, E-A-G-L-E-S !!!!
A. Minutes for January were read & approved for January
B. Spring evaluations are this and next weekend – February 10th & 11th, and February 17th & 18th, at 1:30 PM at Hobgood Park.
1. Signs were made and distributed to board members to place throughout Cherokee and surrounding counties;
2. Volunteer sign-up sheet for evaluations will be handled by Mike Parson, and multiple board members have committed to one or both sessions. Volunteers are expected to attend rain or shine;
3. Evaluation forms will be made available on line via our web site.
C. Treasurer’s report was reviewed and approved by the board.
1. Beginning balance $10, 927 and ending balance of $10,266. This balance also includes expenditures for softballs, score book, incorporation renewal and web domain.
D. Sponsorship reminders will be sent out this week. Due to one of Ray’s personal problems they were delayed by 2 weeks. Currently we have only 6 sponsorships paid for the 2018 season.
E. Darrell Moreland has obtained 3 umpires to work on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays along with himself and Mike Kerrigan.
1. He also has a couple back-ups in case issues or umpires not being able to attend games;
2. We will be working with 1 umpire for each game in all leagues;
3. Darrell & Mike will be conducting clinics on how a 1 man umpire system will work.
F. Changes for all leagues:
1. League fees will be reduced to $45 per player per team;
2. Leagues will play 2 – 10 game seasons with room for playoffs and/or 1 pitch tournaments at season’s end;
3. Only 1 umpire will be used for each game;
4. All League game times will be reduced to 60 minutes plus an inning if needed, except for Monday Legends League. Legends will play 75 minutes and pay $50 per player to make up umpire expense;
5. IA / IR designation rule will be removed;
6. All players will be required to pay full fees and not pro-rated;
G. The BOD will be obtaining a new computer for the treasurer to use with ‘quick books’ as to make accounting easier and more accurate, and will also be able to be better in touch with sponsors.
H. BOD went over our new database system that we will try to incorporate into our web site to access players’ information such as: contact information, emergency information, e-mail, teams, etc. This will also allow our sponsors to add information onto our web site with business specials, coupons, etc.
I. Next meeting is scheduled for Monday, March 5, 2018, at 6:30 PM at Gameday.
J. DON’T FORGET YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER THIS WEDNESDAY – VALENTINE’S DAY. YOU’LL BE GLAD YOU DIDN’T!!!
K. The board also discussed our ‘Leagues Rules of Conduct’. In the past we have implemented rules for conduct concerning the use of inappropriate language, who and how we can question a play, players behavior, etc. However, in today’s world things have changed, and we will also need to address things such as sexually oriented situations. We will discuss & address this situation at our next board meeting, and figure a way to place the correct wording into our ‘Rules of Conduct’ for the future.
L. Meeting was adjourned at 8:50 PM.