News and Announcements
FEB 16 & 17, 2020 - SPRING 2020 EVALUATIONS ARE ON!!
Even with the recent wet, and now “cool” weather, EVALUATIONS WILL BE HELD SAT AND SUN, FEB 15th & 16th ON FIELD #2 from 12:00 noon to 2:00pm both days. Please pass this on to any and all prospective players you have contacted.
Once again, we ask that you remain on the grass areas as CRPA continues to do infield rehabs on all fields for Spring season.
For those unable to attend and wish to tryout, please contact Norm Thiem at: 770-757-8467 or e-mail: email@example.com to arrange another time or place.
Reminder – there will be a Manager’s meeting after Saturday’s tryouts at GAMEDAY 3:00pm
SATURDAY FEB 8, 2020 SPRING EVALUATION CHANGES
Due to excessive recent rainfall, CRPA has closed ALL Cherokee County Ball Fields thru Saturday Feb 8.
Fields will be reopened for Sunday Feb 9, CSSA’s Spring Evaluations at Hobgood Park beginning at 12:00pm.
Please contact any prospects you may have talked to of this schedule change.
Evaluations for Feb 15 and 16, 2020 remain unchanged.
Any other questions, please contact Norm Thiem at 770-757-8467 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 SPRING EVALUATIONS/TRYOUTS - FEB 8, 9, 15 and 16th
Spring season is just around the corner!!! CSSA will hold their tryouts and evaluations on Sat Feb 8, Sun Feb 9, Sat Feb 15 and Sun Feb 16, 2020 starting at 12:00pm each day until 2:00pm at our home park – Hobgood Park, Woodstock, GA, located at the Corner of Bells Ferry Road and Towne Lake Parkway with evaluations being held on Field #4. If you know of anyone who is, or would be interested in joining CSSA, please encourage, call or notify them to come to these evaluations. There is never a dull moment with CSSA play!!
Player eligibility is for those men age 49 through even mid 80’s, and is based on skill levels – not ages as with some leagues. CSSA offers 8 league levels playing Monday and Wednesday mornings, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights.
Currently we have 40 teams with approximately 400 members some of which play on multiple teams during the week. Come out and join us for fun, exercise and comradery of the finest.
League play begins week of March 23, 2020 for 10 weeks – weather permitting.
In the event of Feb inclement weather, please check website for rescheduling information.
For questions or other information requests, please contact Norm Thiem at email@example.com or call 770-757-8467.
CRPA BANQUET AWARD 2019
CRPA Banquet Gary will be receiving our volunteer of the year award.
Gary Bedoe is more than a softball player, manager and supporter of the CSSA. Gary is a humanitarian. and over the years has supported and mentored young adults teaching them work ethics, honesty and self support. I have met several of these individuals and seen there growth as families and hard earning individuals. This is all done out of his pocket and time. Gary is a true friend for anyone that takes his hand to walk the line of a good citizen. I can’t be prouder to know Gary than all the individuals I have met over the years. Gary introduced me to the CSSA and has helped me understand what it means to support the local community.
Gary Bedoe is not a hubris man and most people don’t know what he has to done to make Cherokee County Georgia a better place to live.
JAN 2020 BOD MEETING
CSSA Board of Directors Meeting
January 6, 2020
Present: Andy Tubbs, Randy Bergman, Robbie Crider, Bob Hammond, Leland Brown, Norm Theim, Dewey Hom, Jack Delaney, John Humeston, Bob Werner, Brad Tafoya, Dick O’Connor, Donnie Adams
Absent: Ray DeLuca
Meeting called to order by Norm Thiem at 6:30pm
Minutes from December meeting were discussed and approved
Brad Tafoya was approved to be the new Treasurer. Thank you Brad and welcome.
Treasurer report: Ending balance 2019 – $4,694.81
Passed out calendar for spring of 2020
• Tryouts for spring season will held on February 8th and 9th and February 15th and 16th . They will be held at Hobgood Park in Woodstock. Time will be 12 -2 all days.
• The proposed 2020 financial was presented:
• Raise player fees from $45 to $50. Voted on and approved.
• Umpire fees – Reduce to $48 from $50. Voted on and approved.
• Eliminate AM scorekeepers premium. Voted on and approved.
• Banquet fee will remain the same at $20. Approved.
• Skip Wells League – it was discussed about moving league to Dillinger field in Cartersville because of the higher fees being charged by Cobb County to use Skip Wells. Robbie Crider is going to poll players and we will vote on this via email this week.
• Administrative fees – Anne has proposed going to a monthly fee instead of a hourly pay which we use presently. Norm will discuss with Anne on her present duties and come up with a plan that works for both parties.
• 25th Anniversay hats – we still have some left and are available for $10.
• Proposed to keep the starting age for the league at 49. Voted on and approved.
• Sponsors – we are expecting to lose between 5-8 present sponsors. We could use some help in finding some new sponsors. Sponsors are a vital part of our league. Sponsor fees will remain the same. $350 and this includes the spring and fall seasons.
• There will be a rules meeting on January 20th at Gameday. Meeting will start at 6:30pm. Anyone from CSSA is welcome to attend.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30pm