JULY 2020 BOD MEETING
CSSA BOARD MINUTES
July 14, 2020
The monthly meeting of the CSSA Board was held 7-14-2020, at Sidelines Grill, and called to order by Norm Thiem at 2:45 PM.
Present members: Norm Thiem, Robbie Crider, Bob Hammond, Dick O’Conner, Bob Werner, Ray DeLuca & Andy Tubbs.
Absent Members: Randy Bergman, Brad Tafoya, John Humeston, Jack Dulaney, Leland Brown, Donny Adams & Dewey Hom – Historian
A. Treasures report given by Norm: Current balance, not including a few sponsors who have paid their fees in the last few weeks, $3803.43. Also, some coaches and league directors collected spring fees from players and have not turned the fees over to the league due to game lockdowns.
B. The BOD discussed some options for the Fall Season to make sure all teams and leagues will have an adequate amount of players and teams. All league directors must contact their coaches to find out who and who will not play in the fall. Some leagues may have to be cut back on the amount of teams to make sure each team has enough players. BOD will discuss amount of teams and players after evaluations are conducted, at the end of July, to remedy this situation.
C. COVID 19 update concerning players:
1. If a player becomes ill and tests positive then he must adhere to all local, state and federal guidelines concerning quarantine.
2. The player must also count back 2 days from testing positive and notify the BOD.
3. The player must also notify the BOD of what other players may have been exposed.
4. The player may return after 14 days of quarantine with a negative test result.
D. The CSSA Golf Tournament will be held on Veterans Day, 11-11-20. Start time will be 11:00 AM, and the cost is $65 per person. Tom Cameron will be the chairman for this event. Information will be made available as the time gets closer.
E. Fall evaluations will be held at Carmel Elementary School in Woodstock:
1. Saturday, July 25, 2020 from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM,
2. Sunday, July 26, 2020 from 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
G. There will be no draft. The new players will be placed on a team according to their abilities. However, these players will automatically be placed into the draft at the beginning of the Spring Season for 2021.
H. The fall season will have scorekeepers and umpires.
I. Start of the Fall Season set as follows:
1. Monday Gold Senior: August 10, 2020
2. Tuesday Leagues: August 4, 2020 (American/National/Masters)
3. Monday – Legends: August 10, 2020
4. Thursday – Skip Wells: August 13, 2020
5. Wednesday – Lawson & Legacy August 19, 2020
Meeting was adjourned at 4:00 PM