News and Announcements
This coming Saturday and Sunday, (Aug 1st and 2nd), CSSA will continue to have player evaluations for the Fall 2020 leagues and teams. Times for Sat Aug 1st will be from 10am to 2pm, and time for Sun Aug 2nd will be Noon until 2pm for any of those who are interested in joining play. Leagues are currently scheduled to begin the week of August 10 – with exception of the Wed morning Lowell Lawson League and Wed evening Legacy which are at this moment planning to begin Aug 19.
CSSA will continue to follow all current CDC COVID-19 protocols with masks recommended, temperature taking before players are allowed on fields, maintaining the 6 foot distancing protocols, and will provide sanitizers to those needing.
Any questions or if unable to attend Saturday or Sunday, please contact Commissioner Norm Thiem at 770-757-8467 for more information. We look forward to seeing you at the field for the Fall 2020 Season.
CSSA will be holding Fall Evaluations Sat July 25 from 10am to 2pm, and Sun July 26 from 12 Noon to 2pm at Carmel Elementary School Field located at: 2275 Bascomb Carmel Road, Woodstock, GA 30189. Anyone who will be turning 49 this year, interested in playing softball, please come one of those days for evaluations. As with CSSA, all Leagues are based on abilities and not by age group. We are hoping to start play the Week of August 10 and will be following all current CDC COVID-19 protocols….Masks are recommended, temps will be taken and hand sanitizers will be available.
Any questions or if unable to attend these days, please give Norm Thiem a call at: 770-757-8467
CSSA BOARD MINUTES
July 14, 2020
The monthly meeting of the CSSA Board was held 7-14-2020, at Sidelines Grill, and called to order by Norm Thiem at 2:45 PM.
Present members: Norm Thiem, Robbie Crider, Bob Hammond, Dick O’Conner, Bob Werner, Ray DeLuca & Andy Tubbs.
Absent Members: Randy Bergman, Brad Tafoya, John Humeston, Jack Dulaney, Leland Brown, Donny Adams & Dewey Hom – Historian
A. Treasures report given by Norm: Current balance, not including a few sponsors who have paid their fees in the last few weeks, $3803.43. Also, some coaches and league directors collected spring fees from players and have not turned the fees over to the league due to game lockdowns.
B. The BOD discussed some options for the Fall Season to make sure all teams and leagues will have an adequate amount of players and teams. All league directors must contact their coaches to find out who and who will not play in the fall. Some leagues may have to be cut back on the amount of teams to make sure each team has enough players. BOD will discuss amount of teams and players after evaluations are conducted, at the end of July, to remedy this situation.
C. COVID 19 update concerning players:
1. If a player becomes ill and tests positive then he must adhere to all local, state and federal guidelines concerning quarantine.
2. The player must also count back 2 days from testing positive and notify the BOD.
3. The player must also notify the BOD of what other players may have been exposed.
4. The player may return after 14 days of quarantine with a negative test result.
D. The CSSA Golf Tournament will be held on Veterans Day, 11-11-20. Start time will be 11:00 AM, and the cost is $65 per person. Tom Cameron will be the chairman for this event. Information will be made available as the time gets closer.
E. Fall evaluations will be held at Carmel Elementary School in Woodstock:
1. Saturday, July 25, 2020 from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM,
2. Sunday, July 26, 2020 from 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
G. There will be no draft. The new players will be placed on a team according to their abilities. However, these players will automatically be placed into the draft at the beginning of the Spring Season for 2021.
H. The fall season will have scorekeepers and umpires.
I. Start of the Fall Season set as follows:
1. Monday Gold Senior: August 10, 2020
2. Tuesday Leagues: August 4, 2020 (American/National/Masters)
3. Monday – Legends: August 10, 2020
4. Thursday – Skip Wells: August 13, 2020
5. Wednesday – Lawson & Legacy August 19, 2020
Meeting was adjourned at 4:00 PM
We have just learned that Brain Delaney (66) sadly lost his battle with cancer this past Sunday June 28, 2020 at his home in Acworth, GA. Brian joined CSSA Fall of 2017 on the Master’s League, State Farm Team – now Marietta Drywall. His passion for sports truly showed during his short tenure with CSSA along with his sportsmanship on and off the field, and will be missed by all. During his High School years, was star football quarterback and catcher for the baseball team, and an avid tennis player. He is survived by his two sons -Matthew, Kevin and daughter Mary, along with grandchildren. His full obituary can be found on Mayes Ward-Dobbins Funeral Home site.
Gentlemen: As stated in 1st announcement, please see below the Waiver that CSSA will be using for us to return to the fields starting this coming week. Upon entering the Park to play, each one of you will need to sign the form along with some temperature checking. Please familiarize yourselves with it and with everything else these days, please continue to exercise precautions with the COVID-19 virus.
RETURN TO PLAY WAIVER
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the UNITED STATES SPECIALTY SPORTS ASSOCIATION athletics/sports program, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. The risk of injury and/or illness from the activities involved in the program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury does exist;
2. The risk to have contact with individuals, who have been exposed to and/or have been diagnosed with one or more communicable diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19 or other medical conditions, diseases, or maladies does exist, and it is impossible to eliminate the risk that I could be exposed to and/or become infected through contact with or close proximity with an individual with a communicable disease;
3. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume all full responsibility for my participation;
4. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and
5. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE UNITED STATES SPECIALTY SPORTS ASSOCIATION, their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of the premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
6. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, BEFORE ACKNOWLEDGING THE CHECKBOX BELOW, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO IT ON MY OWN BEHALF OR ON BEHALF OF THE YOUTH PARTICIPANT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS GUARDIAN ACCOUNT, AND I SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
: By acknowledging and agreeing to the checkbox below, I agree and verify the following: 1) I consent and agree to assume the risks of participation in these programs; and 2) that I specifically agree to the release as provided herein of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my involvement or participation in these programs EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT BY PARENTS AND/OR LEGAL GUARDIANS OF YOUTH PARTICIPANTS: By acknowledging and agreeing to the check box below, I agree to and verify the following: 1) I am the parent or legal guardian for the youth participant associated with this guardian account, 2) that the date of birth of the youth participant associated with this guardian account is correct, 3) that as parent/legal guardian with legal responsibility for this youth participant, I consent and agree to assume the risks of his/her participation in these programs; and 4) that I specifically agree to his/her release as provided herein of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to this youth participant’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.