News and Announcements
League Directors, please let you coaches know about this. We must maintain a good working relationship with CRPA
Good morning. I went out to Hobgood yesterday and there was a group of seniors out there having batting practice. The fields are closed until further notice due to maintenance being completed. Please remind your players the fields are close and no one if allowed to be on the fields.
Camille Thomas, CYSA
Information from Mike
The funeral service will be Thursday ,at 1100, at Transfiguration Catholic Church with a reception following. No visitation will be held at the funeral home.
We have had an outpouring of love and support from everywhere and Dad is holding up as well as can be expected. We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers.
I am also providing a couple of links.
1. A guestbook is available for those who’d like to offer condolences online through Marietta Funeral Home at: http://www.collinsfuneralhome.org/sitem…/…/COLLIN1/obit.cgi…
2. In lieu of flowers, the family recommends a donation be made in her name to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Donations can be made online at: http://giftfunds.stjude.org/olgawoltering
Mike and his family in need of privacy as the mourn the loss of a loved family member.
Olga Woltering and her husband, Ralph, are from Marietta, Georgia. The couple flew into Fort Lauderdale for a cruise with their children, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Ralph wasn’t injured in the shooting, but Olga was killed. The cruise was to celebrate Ralph’s 90th birthday, said fellow churchgoer Dan Blankowski.
The couple were involved members of Transfiguration Catholic Church since they joined in 1978, he said, and regularly front seat attendees to 5 p.m. Mass.
If I get more information I will pass it on.
It is time to check on players retuning and not retuning.
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Ken Taylor, Randy Bergman, Warren Butler, Mike Parsons, Ron O’Donnell, Lee Molway, Ray Deluca, Jerry Bohacek, Norm Thiem
Absent: Scott Parrish
Dewey Hom – Calls meeting to order at 6:40pm
Treasures Report: Beginning balance: $7,281.82 Ending balance: $6,546.84
- Banquet – Ended up with about 200 people. Feedback was positive on facility, food and association. Monday night proved to be very popular. Some would like to see 50/50 money used for a charitable organization. Warren Butler is still working on corporate sponsorships for next year.
- Lee Molway is working on revamping website. Great progress is being made. Thanks Lee.
- Scorekeeping – As discussed at last meeting, Randy made a motion to change scoring method on error vs hit. This is to take subjectivity out of score keepers’ hands. His motion is if you get on base and it is not a walk or fielder’s choice, it is a hit. Motion was 2nd by Warren. It was voted on and passed with 7 in favor and 2 opposed.
- Umpires – Have a proposal from Mike. Do we want to go with 1 umpire? Approx. $6,000 savings. Will discuss at next meeting Dec. 19
- Ballots – Masters Director , Ron O’Donnell won re-election to this position, with a vote of 36 to 34 over Doug Ashby. All other board positions were unopposed.
- Survey – Results of survey: Keep statistics – yes, keep individual awards – yes, Thursday night league –yes.
- Pitching screens – discussed whether we need to use these in all leagues. Do we need to standardize rules for all leagues? Will discuss at next
meeting. Ray Deluca made a motion to use pitching screens for all leagues. Lee Molway 2nd this motion. Will vote on this at next meeting.
- Next meeting – December 19, 2016 at 6:30 pm – Gameday