News and Announcements
CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
October 2, 2017
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Warren Butler, Bob Werner, John Humeston, Mike Parson, Ken Taylor, Lee Molway, Randy Bergman, Ray DeLuca, Don DiSalvo
Absent: Scott Parrish
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 6:30pm
• Championship shirts – after discussion it was decided to go with blue shirts this year. Shirts will be available at the banquet.
• Banquet menu – after discussion it was decided to go with lasagna and pulled pork as the 2 main dishes. Green beans, mac & cheese and coleslaw will be the side dishes. Dinner rolls, dessert, coffee, tea and water will also be provided. A cash bar will also be available. Thanks to Ray DeLuca for all the effort he puts into making this happen.
• Net clarification- John Humeston will seek to clarify some confusion in how the new rules are being implemented. He will draft the rule clarification to be used for all leagues.
• Arnold Fowler Award – It was discussed that this award should only be awarded to someone who has not previously won it. It will be voted on at a later date.
• Protests – it was discussed on whether there should be a charge to file a protest. After discussion, it was decided there was not a need for this at this time.
• Lee Molway protest – Bob Werner discussed protest filed by Lee. Bob had a discussion with both managers and it was determined that there was not a breach of the rules.
• Inactive players – There was discussion about the use of inactive players. It was decided we need to clarify the rules concerning this. More discussion is needed. • Meeting adjourned.
CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Present: Ken Taylor, Ray DeLuca, Bob Hammond, Dewey Hom, Mike Parson, Dan Fleming, Warren Butler, John Humeston, Randy Bergman, Scott Parrish
September 18 ,2017
Absent: Lee Molway, Bob Werner
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 6:45pm
Treasurers Report: Beginning balance: $19,622,91 Ending balance: $23,858.66 Accepted. See attached for details.
• Masters League Draft discussion – lessons learned for the future.
• Thursday night at Skip Wells – Has been a great success. Have increased player level to 4 full teams. Have also added some new players that previously did not play in CSSA. Very positive feedback. Thanks to all that made this happen.
• Banquet/Tickets – Ray presented 2 options. 1) Sidelines at Sidelines or at Fendley Farms. 2) Bedoe’s to cater at The Bluff’s. After discussion, Ken Taylor made a motion to go with Bedoe’s. it was 2nd. by Randy Bergman. It was voted on and passed with a vote of 10 for and 0 against. There was also a discussion about ticket prices. It was decided to go with $20.00 ticket price. It passed with a vote of 9 for and 1 against. See board member for tickets. Tickets must be purchased before banquet. No ticket sales at door. Tickets available until Nov. 6th. • Banquet – The Bluff’s, November 13th, 2017. Doors open at 6:30. Program to start at 7:00.
• Arnold Fowler Nominations: There were 3 nominations. Ballots will be ready by October 1st.
• Hats – The league has purchased some CSSA hats. They are very limited and will be available for $5.00 . • League updates-
Ray – doing doubleheader to make up for rainouts.
Bob – doing doubleheader next week for rainouts
Randy – new player pool working well
John – doing doubleheaders this week
Mike – doing doubleheaders next 2 weeks to make up
Dan – still need to make up 1 week
• Randy volunteered to help with awards for this year. Thanks Randy.
• Next meeting October 9th. 6:30 pm, Jaipur Living, 1800 Cherokee Parkway, Acworth, GA.
• Meeting adjourned
CSSA ANNUAL BANQUET
The CSSA annual banquet and awards night will take place on Monday evening, November 13, 2017. The event will begin at 6:30 PM at the Northside Hospital Cherokee Conference Center, 1130 Bluffs Pkwy, Canton, GA 30114, (770) 721-7800. This year’s event will be catered by Bedoe’s Grill, who will offer your choice of 2 entrée’s, 2 sides, salads, dinner rolls, dessert and drinks that will include water, tea, lemonade and coffee. There will also be a cash bar for those who wish to participate.
Price of the tickets is $20 per person, and all ticket sales will be completed prior to November 6, 2017. We need to have an accurate head count at least 7 days prior to the event. Therefore, there will be NO BANQUET TICKET SALES AT THE DOOR. Please get your tickets early for you and your guest, and come and support the CSSA, your teammates and sponsors.
Tickets will be made available through the following CSSA Board of Directors starting the evening of September 26:
Warren Butler Randy Bergman Bob Werner
Ken Taylor Lee Molway Mike Parson
Bob Hammond Ray DeLuca John Humeston
Thank you for your assistance and let’s make it another record turnout!!
Big Glove Competition How does your glove measure up Dewey.
Darrell Moreland’s Dad passed away. I know many of the CSSA players know him as a player and umpire for our CSSA family.
Visitation is Friday 6:00-8:00 and Saturday 2:00-3:00 Service is 3:00Pm Saturday.
Tom M Wages Funeral Service
3705 Highway 78 W, Snellville, GA 30039