News and Announcements
It has been hard to get around to thanking so many people for their kind words, thoughts and prayers. I was blown away by the support we received and how many came for the funeral.
While I would like to thank each person separately, I am much too lazy to write all those notes! If you could pass along our deep appreciation for all of the love and support shown us by everyone at CSSA.
On behalf of the Woltering family, Thank You !
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Scott Parrish, Mike Parson, Jerry Bohacek, Warren Butler, Ron O’Donnell, Lee Molway, Ken Taylor
Absent: Randy Bergman, Ray Deluca
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 6:30pm
Treasurer’s Report: Beginning balance for December – $6,546.86 Ending balance $6,896.88. Beginning balance 2016 – $7,281.82 Ending balance 2016 – $6,896.88
• Discussed using yellow balls, 44/375. $45.95 a dozen. Vote was taken and it was 8 for and 0 against. Passed. Lee Molway will order.
Dates are as follows:
February 11 and 12, 2017 – 2:00pm February 18 and 19 , 2017 -2:00pm • Managers meeting will be held February 11, 2017, immediately following evaluations, at Gameday Grill, Eagle Drive, Woodstock, GA.
• Scorekeeping – Scott will be setting up training for scorekeepers to use automated scoring.
• Schedules – League Directors are to do their own schedules. • Next meeting – February 6, 2017 – Gameday Grill – 6:30pm
It is with my deepest sympathy that I share the news of John Toth’s death. John was appropriately 67 years old and died after a heart attack today.
John had a history of some heart problems and had a heart attack about 6 years ago then came back and played several more years. John played in the American League (Sosesbees, Bojangles, ElRanchero, and Bedoe’s Bar & Grille) from approximately 2004-2015 as a shortstop, 2B, and pitcher.
Please include John and his family in your prayers.
Thank You, Gary Bedoe
League Directors, please let you coaches know about this. We must maintain a good working relationship with CRPA
Good morning. I went out to Hobgood yesterday and there was a group of seniors out there having batting practice. The fields are closed until further notice due to maintenance being completed. Please remind your players the fields are close and no one if allowed to be on the fields.
Camille Thomas, CYSA
Information from Mike
The funeral service will be Thursday ,at 1100, at Transfiguration Catholic Church with a reception following. No visitation will be held at the funeral home.
We have had an outpouring of love and support from everywhere and Dad is holding up as well as can be expected. We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers.
I am also providing a couple of links.
1. A guestbook is available for those who’d like to offer condolences online through Marietta Funeral Home at: http://www.collinsfuneralhome.org/sitem…/…/COLLIN1/obit.cgi…
2. In lieu of flowers, the family recommends a donation be made in her name to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Donations can be made online at: http://giftfunds.stjude.org/olgawoltering