News and Announcements
Big Glove Competition How does your glove measure up Dewey.
Darrell Moreland’s Dad passed away. I know many of the CSSA players know him as a player and umpire for our CSSA family.
Visitation is Friday 6:00-8:00 and Saturday 2:00-3:00 Service is 3:00Pm Saturday.
Tom M Wages Funeral Service
3705 Highway 78 W, Snellville, GA 30039
NO GAMES TONIGHT 09/12/2017
August 28, 2017
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Ken Taylor, Lee Molway, Dan Fleming, Bob Werner, John Humeston, Scott Parrish, Randy Bergman, Ray DeLuca
Absent: Mike Parson, Warren Butler
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order
• Thursday Night League – Skip Wells Park league is off to a good start. Over 40 people signed up so far. Need 5-8 more to get to 4 teams. Contact Dewey Hom, Mike Parson or Norm Thiem if interested.
• Ken Taylor – He is going to meet with Scott Gordon to discuss relationship between CSSA and CRPA.
• Altered Bats – Perception of altered bats becoming an issue again. Further discussion needed.
• League Updates: Ray – Monday morning – league has gone to 2 umpires. Players will pay an extra $5.00. Bob – Monday morning – everything good.
Lee Molway – Wednesday morning- everything good.
John –Masters League – fixed draft issue.
Randy – Wednesday Legacy – has come up with new pool list. Players rated A-B-C.
• Banquet Nov. 13, 2017 – 6pm – 9pm – Ray is still in discussions with possible places to have banquet. Has talked to Sidelines, Bedoe’s, Gameday, and Donovan’s. Will discuss and decide on place at next board meeting.
• Nominations: Nominations are needed by Sept. 15th for all board positions. Positions that will be vacant are: Commissioner, Vice-Commissioner and Treasurer. All positions are available for nominees.
• Randy Bergman nominates Norm Thiem for Commissioner, 2nd by Dewey Hom
• Lee Molway nominates Dan Fleming for Wednesday Morning League Director. 2nd by Ken Taylor .
• Arnold Fowler Nominations – Needed by Sept. 15th.
• Next meeting – Sept. 18th. 2017, 6:30 pm, Jaipur Living, 1800 Cherokee Parkway, Acworth, GA.
• Meeting adjourned