News and Announcements
June 5th is the correct date for the one pitch tournament on fields 1 & 2
Start time is 9:45 AM
No Games tonight. Masters league will play tonight’s games next week
Monday, May 29th, 2017
Memorial Day No Games
Monday, June 5th, 2017
Games cancelled and One Pitch tournament on June 12
Monday, June 12th, 2017
09:45 AM One Pitch Tournament
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WILL HAPPEN MORNINGS AND NIGHTS
Warning, Cars being vandalized in parking lot Hobgood, Keep your valuables safe.
Make sure your valuable are hidden and will not tempt the perpetrators.
This warning comes from the CRPA officials.
THIS HAS ALREADY HAPPENED TO A CSSA MEMBER AT A GAME
CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
May 1, 2017
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Ken Taylor, Ray Deluca, Warren Butler, Jerry Bohacek, John Humeston, Lee Molway
Absent: Randy Bergman, Scott Parrish, Mike Parson
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 6:35pm
Treasures Report: Beginning balance: $21,902.76 Ending balance: $19,691.81 See attached for details.
• Audit will be conducted next month
• A CPR class will be offered to all CSSA members, score keepers and umpires on Thursday, June 8, 2017 at R & M Sandwich Shop, 117 W. Main Street, Canton, GA, from 6 -9 pm. Class will be limited to 12 people. Anyone interested please contact Warren Butler at email@example.com.
• Umpires – New group seems to be working very well. Thanks Mike Carrigan.
• CRPA has given us permission to help maintain fields. More follow-up is needed to find out what we can and cannot do.
• Championship shirts will be ordered and handed out at end of season.
• Executive Committee – Dewey Hom and Warren Butler announced they will be leaving their positions. All members need to look for people interested in filling positions on the board. All positions will be up for vote in the fall.
• Softballs – new balls seem to be holding up well. We will continue to use these in the fall.
• Rules committee will be meeting soon. Any rule changes need to be in by June and voted on to be put in place for fall season.
• Fall Evaluations – Will be held on July 11th. and July 18th at 6 pm at Hobgood Park
• Banquet – Ray starting to work on bid proposals for fall. Everyone agreed that it worked well last year and to stay with Monday. Ray will be looking for a package deal and the Board discussed limiting it to 200 people. Going to pre-sale ONLY to avoid issues from last year, will be discussed in more detail at next meeting. Tentative date is Monday, November 13th.
• League updates –Lee: get him rain out info and schedule changes so he can get posted.
John: Everyone up to full roster
Jerry: issues with not having enough players
Ray: still working on a few sponsors.
Next meeting June 5, 2017, 6:30pm, Gameday