News and Announcements
CSSA BOARD MINUTES
January 15, 2018 – DRAFT
The monthly meeting of the CSSA Board was held at Gameday Restaurant and called to order by Norm Theim at 6:30 PM;
Present members: Ray DeLuca, Mike Parson, Ken Taylor, Bob Werner, Bob Hammond, Darrell Moreland, Norm Thiem, John Humeston, Dan Flemming, Randy Bergman, Scott Parrish, Robbie Crieder & Dewey Hom;
Ray McClure, who was in attendance, said a prayer in honor of Darrell Moreland’s mother, Emma Elizabeth Moreland, who passed away on January 12, 2018.
A. Minutes from the December 4, 2017, CSSA meeting were approved by the BOD.
B. An award was presented to Ken Taylor, who is leaving the BOD today, for his service to the BOD over the past few years. The award was based on Ken’s ‘Unwavering focus on the core mission of the CSSA’. Dewey Hom has agreed to take over Ken’s position as Treasurer for the CSSA until a full-time replacement volunteer is found or steps forward.
C. A vote was held on the Secretary’s position to be included into the expansion of the executive committee. The vote was agreed & passed by BOD members.
D. Continued discussions were held on active, IR and IA players. Active players MUST pay to play. The cost will be the same for everyone no matter how many games they play. Also, there will be NO refunds in event of an injury, work, moving, etc.
E. BOD discussed that the minimum size of a team is the number agreed upon by both the league director and the coaches.
1. The feeling is that there should be enough people to field a team plus 3 more. However, this will be based on the number of players available, and will be done on a trial bases for the spring league to see if it works.
2. The board agreed to allow managers & league directors to develop a plan for substitutes specific to each league.
F. The BOD also voted to extend the current regulation concerning the age of players. Anyone currently 49 years old and older, or turning 49 during the upcoming season are eligible to play in the CSSA.
G. N. B. It was also determined that all players must pay to play by the first game of the season. We would like everyone to pay by check if possible.
H. Treasurer Report was given by Ken Taylor.
1 After all bills had been paid for 2017, there was a beginning balance of $6896. As of today there is a balance of $10,927. This does not include 3 additional sponsor checks received in 2018.
2. Additional payments are to be made in January for softballs, insurance, web domain, incorporation renewal, etc.
3. As his last official act for the CSSA board, Ken will submit 1099’s and file the annual tax return for our non-profit corporation.
I. New uniforms will be ordered in the Spring of 2018, for all those teams not having current sponsor and/or quality uniforms.
J. A discussion was held on ways for the CSSA to save some money and still provide the players with quality games, umpires, fields, etc. A survey was taken on a few different ideas, and they will be discussed at the next BOD meeting.
K. John Humeston and Mike Parson will head evaluations and promotions for the CSSA. Anyone wishing to help with evaluations, in any way, please contact John firstname.lastname@example.org or Mike email@example.com, ASAP. Evaluations will be held on February 10th & 11th, and February 17th & 18th 2018 at 1:30 PM at Hobgood Park.
L. As of today, we have had 6 sponsors pay for the 2018 season. A reminder for payment will be sent to current sponsors within the next 7-10 days. If you are a sponsor, know someone or wish to become a sponsor, please mail your checks for $350, ASAP to: Ray DeLuca – Sponsor Coordinator, 105 Rock Creek Drive, Canton, GA 30114, 770-479-4217.
Next CSSA BOD meeting will be held on Monday, February 5, 2018.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:10 PM.
CSSA BOARD MINUTES
December 4, 2017
Present members: Ray DeLuca, Mike Parsons, Ken Taylor, Bob Werner, Bob Hammond, Darrell Moreland, Norm Theim, John Humeston, Dan Flemming, Randy Bergman and Scott Parrish;
A. Minutes from 11-07-17, were approved.
B. Banquet was a success even though the CSSA was at a loss of $640, in ticket sales due to paying for sponsor dinners and giving a guarantee of 200 attendees to the caterer.
1. 50/50 drawing and auction sales netted just under $1200. The money was given to charities that will sponsor toys, gifts, food, etc to children during and after the holidays.
a. Po Boys Car Club $450, for bicycle helmets and gift cards for teen children;
b. Cherokee Shrine Club $300, for toys and needs;
c. William Weaver w/ HAC (Help a Child) $450, for food, school supplies and other needs.
C. The IA and IR were discussed at length with no official decision made at the meeting. This matter will be discussed again, along with notes and various considerations made at the meeting. Preliminary results of the discussion are as follows:
1. IR will be omitted;
2. IA will be called ‘Replacement Players List’
a. A player cannot play in a season unless he pays for a full season;
b. The player does not count against the roster of the league’s pre-set maximum number of players, until he is on a team;
c. A player may come back to play in a league with the league director’s placement to a team in need, provided there is an open roster spot.
D. Treasure’s Report: Voted and approved by BOD.
1. Beginning Balance - $16,310.26
2. Ending Balance - $10,615.97
Ending balance includes pay off of banquet, awards, and misc fees.
E. Ken Taylor is stepping down as Treasurer, and the board is looking for someone from the league to take over this position. Anyone who would like to volunteer for the treasurer’s duties please contact someone from the board to make yourself heard.
F. Robbie Crider has been named the new Skip Wells League director.
G. Robbie Crider has been named the new Web Manager.
H. Discussion and a motion was made for the Secretary position to be included into the expansion of the executive committee. This will be voted on at the next meeting after proper posting time is completed.
I. Next meeting will take place on January 8, 2018. Time & place to be announced.
J. Meeting adjourned at 9:00 PM.
CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
November 7, 2017
Present: Bob Hammond, Warren Butler, Bob Werner, John Humeston, Ken Taylor, Dan Fleming, Darryl Moreland, Norm Theim, Mike Parson, Dewey Hom, Randy Bergman, Ray DeLuca
Absent: Scott Parrish
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 6:50pm
Treasurers Report: Beginning balance – $23,653.21 Ending balance – $16,310.26 Details attached.
*Topics discussed: *
• Banquet – Tickets and money collected. Approx.. 190 tickets sold as of meeting time. Will set up for 200 people. Ken’s daughter will be the photographer. Will do a 50/50 with money going to a children’s charity. Will also do an auction and raffle.
• Arnold Fowler and Lowell Lawson – It was discussed at the last meeting that we need to put it in our by-laws that a person can only win either of the awards once. After further discussion, it was decided that someone may win the Arnold Fowler Award once and the Lowell Lawson Award once. The vote was 9 for and 0 against.
• Board Positions – Bob Hammond has accepted vice commissioner position. Ray DeLuca has accepted the secretary position. Darryl Moreland has accepted the League Director Gold Seniors position.• Bonuses – After discussion it was decided on to award the following bonuses for the 2017 season to: Darryl Moreland, Mike Carrigan, Lee Molway – and Anne Ryan. The vote was 9 for and 0 against.
• Stats Automation – Scott is continuing his work on a new automated system. Will be discussed more at a future meeting.• Lessons learned from protests – Need to clarify inactive and injured reserve players. To be discussed at a future meeting.
• Custom Graphics protest – It was decided that the protest was invalid. • Next meeting December 4, 2017. Time and place to be determined
The banquet will be held on Monday evening, November 13, 2017. The event will begin at 6:30 PM at the Northside Hospital Cherokee Conference Center, 1130 Bluffs Pkwy, Canton, GA 30114, (770) 721-7800.
This year’s event will be catered by Bedoe’s Grill, your choice of lasagna or pulled pork (entrée), green beans, mac & cheese and coleslaw (choice of 2 sides), salad, dinner roll, dessert, water, tea, lemonade or coffee. There will also be a cash bar.
Due to popular demand the auction will be back with the proceeds going to a children’s charity. We will have the CRPA director and a special sponsor speaking.
Price of the tickets is $20 per person, and ticket sales will be completed prior to November 6, 2017. Come and support your team and sponsors. Tickets may be purchased from:
Ken Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Dan Fleming email@example.com
Mike Parson firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob Hammond email@example.com
Ray DeLuca firstname.lastname@example.org
John Humeston email@example.com
Dewey Hom firstname.lastname@example.org
CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
October 2, 2017
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Warren Butler, Bob Werner, John Humeston, Mike Parson, Ken Taylor, Lee Molway, Randy Bergman, Ray DeLuca, Don DiSalvo
Absent: Scott Parrish
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 6:30pm
• Championship shirts – after discussion it was decided to go with blue shirts this year. Shirts will be available at the banquet.
• Banquet menu – after discussion it was decided to go with lasagna and pulled pork as the 2 main dishes. Green beans, mac & cheese and coleslaw will be the side dishes. Dinner rolls, dessert, coffee, tea and water will also be provided. A cash bar will also be available. Thanks to Ray DeLuca for all the effort he puts into making this happen.
• Net clarification- John Humeston will seek to clarify some confusion in how the new rules are being implemented. He will draft the rule clarification to be used for all leagues.
• Arnold Fowler Award – It was discussed that this award should only be awarded to someone who has not previously won it. It will be voted on at a later date.
• Protests – it was discussed on whether there should be a charge to file a protest. After discussion, it was decided there was not a need for this at this time.
• Lee Molway protest – Bob Werner discussed protest filed by Lee. Bob had a discussion with both managers and it was determined that there was not a breach of the rules.
• Inactive players – There was discussion about the use of inactive players. It was decided we need to clarify the rules concerning this. More discussion is needed. • Meeting adjourned.