News and Announcements
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Ken Taylor, Randy Bergman, Warren Butler, Mike Parsons, Ron O’Donnell, Lee Molway, Ray Deluca, Jerry Bohacek, Norm Thiem
Absent: Scott Parrish
Dewey Hom – Calls meeting to order at 6:40pm
Treasures Report: Beginning balance: $7,281.82 Ending balance: $6,546.84
- Banquet – Ended up with about 200 people. Feedback was positive on facility, food and association. Monday night proved to be very popular. Some would like to see 50/50 money used for a charitable organization. Warren Butler is still working on corporate sponsorships for next year.
- Lee Molway is working on revamping website. Great progress is being made. Thanks Lee.
- Scorekeeping – As discussed at last meeting, Randy made a motion to change scoring method on error vs hit. This is to take subjectivity out of score keepers’ hands. His motion is if you get on base and it is not a walk or fielder’s choice, it is a hit. Motion was 2nd by Warren. It was voted on and passed with 7 in favor and 2 opposed.
- Umpires – Have a proposal from Mike. Do we want to go with 1 umpire? Approx. $6,000 savings. Will discuss at next meeting Dec. 19
- Ballots – Masters Director , Ron O’Donnell won re-election to this position, with a vote of 36 to 34 over Doug Ashby. All other board positions were unopposed.
- Survey – Results of survey: Keep statistics – yes, keep individual awards – yes, Thursday night league –yes.
- Pitching screens – discussed whether we need to use these in all leagues. Do we need to standardize rules for all leagues? Will discuss at next
meeting. Ray Deluca made a motion to use pitching screens for all leagues. Lee Molway 2nd this motion. Will vote on this at next meeting.
- Next meeting – December 19, 2016 at 6:30 pm – Gameday
Present: Dewey Hom, Warren Butler, Bob Hammond, Randy Bergman, Mike Parsons, Lee Molway, Ray Deluca, Ken Taylor, Jerry Bohacek, Ron O’Donnell
Absent: Scott Parrish
Dewey Hom – calls meeting to order at 6:30pm
Secretary Minutes: October minutes presented, but were amended and sent out for comments. None made and posted.
Treasures Report: Beginning balance- $12,480.38. Ending balance – $6,193.68
· Checked with everyone about banquet tickets and all money collected.
· Everything set with food, waiting on a final count.
· Banquet – Doors open at 6:30, dinner at 7:00, program starts at 7:45.
· Evaluation dates: February 11/12, February 18/19, 2017
· Spring season starts March 13, 2017
· Discussed meeting with NGUA
· Discussed meeting with second party, and possibly using his umpires.
· Umpires are 40% of our budget, how would we like to move forward to reduce this cost?
· Discussed going to 1 umpire at a game. Consensus among board members was using 1 umpire was the way to go. Would like league directors to discuss with team managers and get their input. Will discuss in December.
· Lee Molway has fixed some issues with website and projected to be future webmaster. Thanks Lee.
· Score keeping –it was suggested that we simplify scoring. The idea was if you get on base it is a hit or a walk. This takes the subjectivity out of the scorekeepers’ hands and makes it more fair, and easy for automated scoring. Will discuss before season starts.
· Next meeting – December 5th, 6:30 pm at GameDay.
The CSSA annual banquet took place on November 14 at Sidelines Grille, Prestige Catering, Suite Six Venue
147 Reinhardt College Pkwy . Canton . GA . 30114. Pictures from the event can be found in the albums section of this page, A great time was enjoyed by over a 150 players.
Present: Warren Butler, Bob Hammond, Ron O’Donnell, Mike Parson, Randy
Bergman, Ray Deluca, Ken Taylor, Jerry Bohacek, Lee Molway
Absent: Dewey Hom, Scott Parrish
Warren Butler – calls meeting to order at 6:30pm
Secretary Minutes: September 26th. Minutes presented and accepted
Treasures Report: Beginning balance-$21,015.47 Ending balance – $20,967.48
• Vetting process will include an interview of prospective candidates by the board to see if they are qualified for the position. A majority yes vote will put them on the ballot.
• Doug Ashby came before the board to explain his qualifications to run for Masters League Director. After discussions, Ken Taylor proposed a motion to put Doug on the ballot with Ron O’Donnell. 2nd. By Lee Molway.
• Masters League Director – a ballot will be presented to players of this league on October 4, 2016 to vote on director.
• Banquet Tickets – Available this week. League Directors make sure managers have tickets and are promoting ticket sales. Board members all agreed to bring a door prize to banquet.
• Ron brought up the need to pay umpires for an extra game, and should we continue this practice. Everyone agreed it needed to be discussed at a later meeting before next season.
• Ray said Gold Senior umpire issues have been resolved to alls’ satisfaction.
• Next Meeting: November 7, 2016 – R & M , Canton, GA – 6:30 pm
September 12, 2016
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Warren Butler, Lee Molway, Ray Deluca, Scott Parrish
Absent: Ron O’Donnell, Randy Bergman, Ken Taylor, Mike Parson, Jerry Bohacek
Dewy Hom calls meeting to order at 6:35
Treasurers Report: Beginning balance -$4,136.41. Ending balance – $21,015.47
Secretay Minutes: August minutes presented and accepted unanimously
· Topics Discussed: Discussed electronic scoring issues with Scott, Yvonne, and Anne.
What needs to be fixed? Do we need to be spending money for Stats.
Check with Ken to see if direct deposit is a possibility for paying Yvonne &
League directors, Please let managers know it is appreciated that they do
team checks for entry fees.
Dewey Hom and Warren Butler brought up issue with umpires in Masters
Division, and the possible legal issues involved. To be discussed more at a
Next Meeting: Sept. 26th. 7pm, R & M, Canton GA.
Items to be discussed: Arnold Fowler Award, League Directors-Who is coming
back?, Survey – adding another league, net-masks, getting rid of stats, pads for
batters box – cost?
Banquet: Monday, Nov. 14th, Doors open at 6:30, program 7:00 – 9:30, Sidelines Grille, Canton,
GA. Still working on sponsorships. Menu to be finalized. No band.