News and Announcements
Double Header originally scheduled for SEPT 11 have been re-scheduled for SEPT 18 , 2017.
All games canceled. Weather dangerous
August 28, 2017
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Ken Taylor, Lee Molway, Dan Fleming, Bob Werner, John Humeston, Scott Parrish, Randy Bergman, Ray DeLuca
Absent: Mike Parson, Warren Butler
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order
• Thursday Night League – Skip Wells Park league is off to a good start. Over 40 people signed up so far. Need 5-8 more to get to 4 teams. Contact Dewey Hom, Mike Parson or Norm Thiem if interested.
• Ken Taylor – He is going to meet with Scott Gordon to discuss relationship between CSSA and CRPA.
• Altered Bats – Perception of altered bats becoming an issue again. Further discussion needed.
• League Updates: Ray – Monday morning – league has gone to 2 umpires. Players will pay an extra $5.00. Bob – Monday morning – everything good.
Lee Molway – Wednesday morning- everything good.
John –Masters League – fixed draft issue.
Randy – Wednesday Legacy – has come up with new pool list. Players rated A-B-C.
• Banquet Nov. 13, 2017 – 6pm – 9pm – Ray is still in discussions with possible places to have banquet. Has talked to Sidelines, Bedoe’s, Gameday, and Donovan’s. Will discuss and decide on place at next board meeting.
• Nominations: Nominations are needed by Sept. 15th for all board positions. Positions that will be vacant are: Commissioner, Vice-Commissioner and Treasurer. All positions are available for nominees.
• Randy Bergman nominates Norm Thiem for Commissioner, 2nd by Dewey Hom
• Lee Molway nominates Dan Fleming for Wednesday Morning League Director. 2nd by Ken Taylor .
• Arnold Fowler Nominations – Needed by Sept. 15th.
• Next meeting – Sept. 18th. 2017, 6:30 pm, Jaipur Living, 1800 Cherokee Parkway, Acworth, GA.
• Meeting adjourned
All Games canceled
Rained out stay home and safe
The Arnold Fowler Award: The Arnold Fowler is an annual award and is the most prestigious award of the CSSA that honors one player, chosen by his peers, who demonstrated the qualities of integrity, dedication, teamwork, and the other intangibles to a high degree. Written nominations are accepted by BOD members throughout the calendar year. CSSA members during that calendar year shall cast vote on the nominees. The Secretary shall determine the method and/or manner of voting. The nominee receiving the most votes will be awarded the Arnold Fowler award.
Forward all nominations with a summary of why this player should be chosen for the award.
Send to email@example.com by Sep 15.