News and Announcements
CSSA BOARD MINUTES
December 4, 2017
The monthly meeting of the CSSA Board was held at Gameday Restaurant and called to order by Norm Theim at 6:30 PM;
Present members: Ray DeLuca, Mike Parsons, Ken Taylor, Bob Werner, Bob Hammond, Darrell Moreland, Norm Theim, John Humeston, Dan Flemming, Randy Bergman and Scott Parrish;
A. Minutes from 11-07-17, were approved.
B. Banquet was a success even though the CSSA was at a loss of $640, in ticket sales due to paying for sponsor dinners and giving a guarantee of 200 attendees to the caterer.
1. 50/50 drawing and auction sales netted just under $1200. The money was given to charities that will sponsor toys, gifts, food, etc to children during and after the holidays.
a. Po Boys Car Club $450, for bicycle helmets and gift cards for teen children;
b. Cherokee Shrine Club $300, for toys and needs;
c. William Weaver w/ HAC (Help a Child) $450, for food, school supplies and other needs.
C. The IA and IR were discussed at length with no official decision made at the meeting. This matter will be discussed again, along with notes and various considerations made at the meeting. Preliminary results of the discussion are as follows:
1. IR will be omitted;
2. IA will be called ‘Replacement Players List’
a. A player cannot play in a season unless he pays for a full season;
b. The player does not count against the roster of the league’s pre-set maximum number of players, until he is on a team;
c. A player may come back to play in a league with the league director’s placement to a team in need, provided there is an open roster spot.
D. Treasure’s Report: Voted and approved by BOD.
1. Beginning Balance - $16,310.26
2. Ending Balance - $10,615.97
Ending balance includes pay off of banquet, awards, and misc fees.
E. Ken Taylor is stepping down as Treasurer, and the board is looking for someone from the league to take over this position. Anyone who would like to volunteer for the treasurer’s duties please contact someone from the board to make yourself heard.
F. Robbie Crider has been named the new Skip Wells League director.
G. Robbie Crider has been named the new Web Manager.
H. Discussion and a motion was made for the Secretary position to be included into the expansion of the executive committee. This will be voted on at the next meeting after proper posting time is completed.
I. Next meeting will take place on January 8, 2018. Time & place to be announced.
J. Meeting adjourned at 9:00 PM.
CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
November 7, 2017
Present: Bob Hammond, Warren Butler, Bob Werner, John Humeston, Ken Taylor, Dan Fleming, Darryl Moreland, Norm Theim, Mike Parson, Dewey Hom, Randy Bergman, Ray DeLuca
Absent: Scott Parrish
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 6:50pm
Treasurers Report: Beginning balance – $23,653.21 Ending balance – $16,310.26 Details attached.
*Topics discussed: *
• Banquet – Tickets and money collected. Approx.. 190 tickets sold as of meeting time. Will set up for 200 people. Ken’s daughter will be the photographer. Will do a 50/50 with money going to a children’s charity. Will also do an auction and raffle.
• Arnold Fowler and Lowell Lawson – It was discussed at the last meeting that we need to put it in our by-laws that a person can only win either of the awards once. After further discussion, it was decided that someone may win the Arnold Fowler Award once and the Lowell Lawson Award once. The vote was 9 for and 0 against.
• Board Positions – Bob Hammond has accepted vice commissioner position. Ray DeLuca has accepted the secretary position. Darryl Moreland has accepted the League Director Gold Seniors position.• Bonuses – After discussion it was decided on to award the following bonuses for the 2017 season to: Darryl Moreland, Mike Carrigan, Lee Molway – and Anne Ryan. The vote was 9 for and 0 against.
• Stats Automation – Scott is continuing his work on a new automated system. Will be discussed more at a future meeting.• Lessons learned from protests – Need to clarify inactive and injured reserve players. To be discussed at a future meeting.
• Custom Graphics protest – It was decided that the protest was invalid. • Next meeting December 4, 2017. Time and place to be determined
The banquet will be held on Monday evening, November 13, 2017. The event will begin at 6:30 PM at the Northside Hospital Cherokee Conference Center, 1130 Bluffs Pkwy, Canton, GA 30114, (770) 721-7800.
This year’s event will be catered by Bedoe’s Grill, your choice of lasagna or pulled pork (entrée), green beans, mac & cheese and coleslaw (choice of 2 sides), salad, dinner roll, dessert, water, tea, lemonade or coffee. There will also be a cash bar.
Due to popular demand the auction will be back with the proceeds going to a children’s charity. We will have the CRPA director and a special sponsor speaking.
Price of the tickets is $20 per person, and ticket sales will be completed prior to November 6, 2017. Come and support your team and sponsors. Tickets may be purchased from:
Ken Taylor email@example.com
Dan Fleming firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Parson email@example.com
Bob Hammond firstname.lastname@example.org
Ray DeLuca email@example.com
John Humeston firstname.lastname@example.org
Dewey Hom email@example.com
CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
October 2, 2017
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Warren Butler, Bob Werner, John Humeston, Mike Parson, Ken Taylor, Lee Molway, Randy Bergman, Ray DeLuca, Don DiSalvo
Absent: Scott Parrish
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 6:30pm
• Championship shirts – after discussion it was decided to go with blue shirts this year. Shirts will be available at the banquet.
• Banquet menu – after discussion it was decided to go with lasagna and pulled pork as the 2 main dishes. Green beans, mac & cheese and coleslaw will be the side dishes. Dinner rolls, dessert, coffee, tea and water will also be provided. A cash bar will also be available. Thanks to Ray DeLuca for all the effort he puts into making this happen.
• Net clarification- John Humeston will seek to clarify some confusion in how the new rules are being implemented. He will draft the rule clarification to be used for all leagues.
• Arnold Fowler Award – It was discussed that this award should only be awarded to someone who has not previously won it. It will be voted on at a later date.
• Protests – it was discussed on whether there should be a charge to file a protest. After discussion, it was decided there was not a need for this at this time.
• Lee Molway protest – Bob Werner discussed protest filed by Lee. Bob had a discussion with both managers and it was determined that there was not a breach of the rules.
• Inactive players – There was discussion about the use of inactive players. It was decided we need to clarify the rules concerning this. More discussion is needed. • Meeting adjourned.