by Jay Hertzler, 2021-01-25T06:45:43.000-08:00January 25 2021, at 06:45 AM PST
Good Morning Lady Titan LAX Family,
The Chiefs are SuperBowl Bound!!!! We know what that means….no indoor practice on Superbowl Sunday (7 FEB).
We have a lot going on as we quickly approach the start of the Spring 2021 season. I am going to list out all the important information, so please take a moment to read all of this below.
- The Spring season will officially begin on Monday 1 MARCH. We will start the outdoor practices on that date. Practices will be Monday – Thursday from 5pm to 7pm. (Before we move the clocks ahead for daylight savings, it will be from 5pm to Dusk). Our practice field will be the field along the tree line right behind the tennis courts.
- Varsity Tryouts will be from 1 MARCH – 4 MARCH
- The first week of games will be the week of 22 MARCH. That will give us 3 full weeks of practices before the games start. The regular season will be 22 MARCH – 7 MAY. Our target is to play 10 games in that time frame (5 home, 5 away).
- Spring Break is 29 MARCH – 2 APRIL. We will not have any games during that week. We normally don’t have practices either, but if the Seniors on the team want to coordinate something, the coaching staff is all for it.
- Playoffs will be on the week of 10 MAY. (Location TBD)
So, that’s our league calendar…so here’s a to-do list for everyone that must be completed before the first practice on 1 MARCH.
- Make sure you have completed the Online Registration on Teampages
- Make sure your US Lacrosse membership is current and will NOT expire before 15 MAY 2021
- Make sure you have a current Sports Physical uploaded on the LSW PRIVT website. If you have any questions about PRIVT, please let me know.
- Make sure you have paid your dues. The LSW LAX Board will be sending out invoices soon to everyone. If you are comfortable paying online, please make sure you have an app like Venmo or CashApp ready. The invoice will tell you which one of the apps is the preferred app for you to use. If you would rather pay via check, we will have the ability for the player to drop off payment to our LSW Faculty sponsor (Lauren Stewart).
One last note before I let everyone go. I was notified a couple of weeks ago that we will be losing our home stadium to construction starting 14 APRIL. I will be first to tell you that this absolutely stinks, and I don’t like it, and I don’t understand why it could not wait until the summer…but feeling that way and asking those questions is not going to change it…so here’s what we are trying to accomplish. i have asked the KC Metro League scheduler to try to schedule as many home games for us on the front end of the season so we can hopefully get most (if not all) of our home games in before we lose our stadium. This may cause an issue with Senior Night being so early in the season, but we just have to roll with the hand we’ve been dealt. I appreciate everyone’s flexibility and patience with this one…totally outside of our control.
That’s it for now…as things change, I’ll be sure to pass along the information. Please take care of your to-do list, and I look forward to seeing you on this Sunday afternoon for indoor practice.