News and Announcements
The Boys Lacrosse teams first game will be this Thursday, March 8th, 2018 against Rockhurst – Junior Varsity @ 5:30, Varsity @ 7:00pm.
We need volunteers to work keep score, penalty clock, spotters, announcer and run scoreboard. Please sign up! Click on Link below.
Next Club meeting will be Thursday, March 15 @ 7:00pm – Location: Mrs. Adams room 1213
On Saturday, March 3rd, we have a Varsity Game scheduled with Ladue at 3:00pm. I would like to use this game as a training day for a variety of volunteer positions needed for home and away games. If you are interest in volunteering for one of the positions, please sign up! No experience is necessary!
Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the game. Come to the score table to start training!
Please click on sign-up genius link below!
I would like to welcome all new lacrosse players and their families to the Titan Lacrosse Family. You are now a member of a wonderful group of boys and parents. We are looking for a fun and exciting 2018 Boys Lacrosse Season.
Just a reminder, the HyVee Coupon Booklet fundraiser money is due on Monday, February 26, 2018. Bring money to practice.
The 2018 Boys Lacrosse Schedule is posted on the website on the title bar above the News & Announcements. We do try to keep this up-to-date as much as possible, but if changes occur throughout the season, all changes will be communicated via text, twitter and by the coaches to the players.
As the 2018 Lacrosse Season is about to begin, I would like to encourage all our parents to become volunteers for various positions we need help with throughout the season.The Lee’s Summit West Titan Lacrosse Club Boys Team needs a number of volunteers for every game. SignUp Genius emails will be sent out throughout the seasons for volunteers to sign up for these positions. However, if you are able to perform the position for all games it would be greatly appreciated, just let me know. Following is a list of the positions needed and a brief description of the duties performed.1) Senior Night Committee: We need volunteers to coordinate Senior Night activities (we would prefer that underclass parents volunteer). Senior night activities may include organizing the event, securing seating for parents, decorating stadium, flowers, and senior bios. Senior Night will be held towards the end of the season. 2) Scorekeeper (1 for JV and 1 for Varsity): This individual gets the roster from the coach before the game begins, enters the roster into the scorebook, and records statistics (ground balls, assists, goals, and penalties) during the game for each player on the LSW team. 3) Spotters (2 for JV, 2 for Varsity): There are usually 2 individuals on the sidelines at the scorers’ table who report details to the scorekeeper. Spotters will tell the scorekeeper who makes a ground ball, assists in scoring, who scores a goal, if we have a successful clear or not, and help with penalties.
4) Time Keeper (1 for JV, 1 for Varsity): This person sits at the “scorers’ table” and operates the clock for the game time as well as for penalty time. If the game is at LSW, the scoreboard is the official time and the timekeeper only keeps penalty time.
5) Scoreboard Operator (1 for JV, 1for Varsity): This volunteer operates the scoreboard in the press box for home games, posting the goals for both teams, playing music and running the game clock (scoreboard).
6) Announcer (1 for JV, 1 for Varsity): This individual operates the PA system at home games. Plays music, makes announcements and assists scoreboard operator.
7) Home Game Day Operations (1-2 person): This individual(s) arrives approximately 1 hour prior to the start time of the first game of the day. This person will open the press box, storage area, set up cones on field and gets water bottles & cooler filled. Previously we have had one person that was able to stay for both the JV and Varsity games. However, we could have a JV parent to setup the game and have a varsity parent store all items after each game.
8) Boys Lacrosse Banquet – We need volunteers to setup and organize the Boys Banquet. Rebecca Thomas is the chairperson for this event. If you would like to volunteer please email her at email@example.com.
Training sessions for scorekeepers, timekeeper and spotters will be held during the games on March 3 & 4, 2018. A SignUp Genius email will be sent out for anyone who would like to attend the training.
Go Titan Lacrosse!
This is just a reminder that last weeks LSW lacrosse club meeting was rescheduled to tonight at 7:00pm in Bateman hall.
Welcome to Titan Lacrosse for 2018!
Our next Boys/Girls Lacrosse Club Meeting will be held this Thursday, January 11th at 7:00 pm in Bateman Hall. Club meetings include reports from our Club President, Sponsors, Coaches and committee members regarding all aspects of running our lacrosse club. Parents and players are welcome to attend, however it is not required to attend. Coaches do not need to be notified if you plan to attend or not. Club meetings are held the second Thursday of each month and meeting notifications will be sent out. That being said, we love to see parents attend the meetings and become involved in LSW Lacrosse!
For new players and parents to Titan Lacrosse, here is a list of our current board members, sponsors and coaches: President – Steve Oliver, Vice-President – Skip McNeil, Secretary – Melissa Brookshire, Treasurer – Colleen Pruetting. Girls Sponsor – Dean Rasdall, Boys Sponsor – Leann Adams. Girls Coach – Jay Hertzler, Boys Coach – Jay Coleman.
1) All players should be registered to Teampages and preferably one parent per player. Updates and communications will come from coaches from Teampages. Also, follow both teams on Twitter @lswgirlslax and @lswboyslax!
2) All players need to make sure their online registration has been completed, registration forms submitted, and dues have been paid to Leann Adams (Boys) or Dean Rasdall (Girls).
To those who submitted payments during registration they were deposited on January 3rd, 2018. We apologize for any delay you may experience in the clearing of your registration check. You can expect your check to clear soon.
We look forward to an exciting 2018 Season of Lacrosse!