News and Announcements
The LSW Lacrosse Board would like to welcome Brian Cox as the new Lee’s Summit West Girls Lacrosse Head Coach. Brian is a familiar face to LSW Girls Lacrosse as he has been the goalie coach for the past 4 years. He has coached lacrosse at both the youth and high school levels for the past 7 years and has also been a LSW Lacrosse parent. His son, Isaac, played his junior and senior years and his daughter, Ruthie, played all 4 years in high school. Brian plans to continue the family culture to encourage the girls to learn more about lacrosse as a team player and provide them the opportunity to excel as an individual. He has many great ideas for the program and we look forward to seeing them unfold.
Congratulations Coach Brian!
I don’t think the attachment came through in the email regarding the Jamboree this weekend, so I am posting here.
The document Swope_Soccer_Village_Map.pdf was attached to this post.
I would like to welcome all new lacrosse players and their families to the Titan Lacrosse Family. You are now a member of a wonderful group of boys and parents. We are looking for a fun and exciting 2018 Boys Lacrosse Season.
Just a reminder, the HyVee Coupon Booklet fundraiser money is due on Monday, February 26, 2018. Bring money to practice.
The 2018 Boys Lacrosse Schedule is posted on the website on the title bar above the News & Announcements. We do try to keep this up-to-date as much as possible, but if changes occur throughout the season, all changes will be communicated via text, twitter and by the coaches to the players.
As the 2018 Lacrosse Season is about to begin, I would like to encourage all our parents to become volunteers for various positions we need help with throughout the season.The Lee’s Summit West Titan Lacrosse Club Boys Team needs a number of volunteers for every game. SignUp Genius emails will be sent out throughout the seasons for volunteers to sign up for these positions. However, if you are able to perform the position for all games it would be greatly appreciated, just let me know. Following is a list of the positions needed and a brief description of the duties performed.1) Senior Night Committee: We need volunteers to coordinate Senior Night activities (we would prefer that underclass parents volunteer). Senior night activities may include organizing the event, securing seating for parents, decorating stadium, flowers, and senior bios. Senior Night will be held towards the end of the season. 2) Scorekeeper (1 for JV and 1 for Varsity): This individual gets the roster from the coach before the game begins, enters the roster into the scorebook, and records statistics (ground balls, assists, goals, and penalties) during the game for each player on the LSW team. 3) Spotters (2 for JV, 2 for Varsity): There are usually 2 individuals on the sidelines at the scorers’ table who report details to the scorekeeper. Spotters will tell the scorekeeper who makes a ground ball, assists in scoring, who scores a goal, if we have a successful clear or not, and help with penalties.
4) Time Keeper (1 for JV, 1 for Varsity): This person sits at the “scorers’ table” and operates the clock for the game time as well as for penalty time. If the game is at LSW, the scoreboard is the official time and the timekeeper only keeps penalty time.
5) Scoreboard Operator (1 for JV, 1for Varsity): This volunteer operates the scoreboard in the press box for home games, posting the goals for both teams, playing music and running the game clock (scoreboard).
6) Announcer (1 for JV, 1 for Varsity): This individual operates the PA system at home games. Plays music, makes announcements and assists scoreboard operator.
7) Home Game Day Operations (1-2 person): This individual(s) arrives approximately 1 hour prior to the start time of the first game of the day. This person will open the press box, storage area, set up cones on field and gets water bottles & cooler filled. Previously we have had one person that was able to stay for both the JV and Varsity games. However, we could have a JV parent to setup the game and have a varsity parent store all items after each game.
8) Boys Lacrosse Banquet – We need volunteers to setup and organize the Boys Banquet. Rebecca Thomas is the chairperson for this event. If you would like to volunteer please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training sessions for scorekeepers, timekeeper and spotters will be held during the games on March 3 & 4, 2018. A SignUp Genius email will be sent out for anyone who would like to attend the training.
Go Titan Lacrosse!