News and Announcements
Field Hockey Victoria are working closely with the University of Victoria to be proactive in communicating field closures due to weather or other issues.
As a reminder, UVic has a field status page that they will update. Note that the status updated on the page is FOR THE DAY posted .
We will endeavor to also communicate to the team reps and umpires as well but the field status page is the priority for communication from UVic.
View Field Status:
The Vancouver Island Men’s Field Hockey Association is looking to hire a new League Administrator to start immediately.
Please find attached a Roles & Responsibilities document outlining the duties of the VIFHA League Administrator. We are looking to hire a new administrator to take over for the 2019-20 season. Most of the leg work for the Fall schedule and registration has been completed. Training and transition support will be provided.
A committee led by the VIFHA President, Rajiv Dillon, and the league executive will conduct the hiring process.
An honorarium of $1000 will be provided for the year. This will be pro-rated depending on the successful candidate’s start date.
Please circulate to those hockey friends and families who might be interested.
Please apply by Friday, September 20 to firstname.lastname@example.org
The document VIFHA_Administrator_R_R_2019-20.pdf was attached to this post.
The 2019-20 Men’s League schedule is now online!
The league will feature competitive games that include the UVic Vikes men, the recreation division as well as inter-club exhibition matches.
Visit the below link to see the full schedule:
Questions? E-mail email@example.com
Field Hockey Victoria Society
Annual General Meeting
June 19, 2019
7:00 – 8:30 pm
Boardroom @ Commonwealth Pool (4636 Elk Lake Drive)
- Approval of the agenda
- Approve minutes of the previous AGM
- Executive report (Juniors, Men, Ladies, Umpires, Turf)
- Approval of the Financial report
- Election of Directors
- President (incumbent: Mark Baggott, VIFHA)
- Vice-President (incumbent: Milena Gaiga, VJFHA)
- Treasurer (incumbent: Amy Jones, VILFHA)
- Secretary (incumbent: Sandy Grimwood, VILFHA)
- Directors at Large (incumbents: Shibby Claire, Jim Knight, Nancy Griffin, Ali Baggott, Denise McGeachy)
- Appointment of Auditor, if required
- Motion re: new Society’s Act
- Any other business
Voting structure reminder:
- Vancouver Island Ladies Field Hockey Association: 2 Votes
- Vancouver Island Field Hockey Association (Men): 2 Votes
- Victoria Junior Field Hockey Association: 2 Votes
- South Island Field Hockey Umpires’ Association: 1 Vote
All members of the above associations plus other with interest in field hockey in Victoria are welcome to attend.
The Final Standings of the VIFHA Competitive Division:
1. Tigers (47 points in 18 games = 2.61 P/GP)
2. Mutineers (28 points in 17 games = 1.65 P/GP)
3. Rebels 1 (26 points in 18 games = 1.44 P/GP)
4. Uvic Vikes (6 points in 20 games = 0.30 P/GP)
The VIFHA Competitive Playoff Schedule for the upcoming two weeks:
Sunday, March 24
11:00am Mutineers v Rebels 1
12:30pm Tigers v Vikes
Sunday, March 31
11:00am 3rd place match
12:30pm 1st place match
2:00 pm Recreation Division Jamboree
The VIFHA Recreation Division Jamboree
In the Jamboree, all recreational players will wear white shirts and their club shorts/socks. The players for each club are split into 4 groups. Each group merges with groups from the other clubs to form 4 mixed teams. These teams will wear pinnies of different colours. The 4 teams will play 20-minute, 7-a-side matches on the half pitch. The schedule would look like this:
2:15-2:35pm YELLOW v GREEN; ORANGE v WHITE
2:40-3:00pm YELLOW v ORANGE; GREEN v WHITE
3:05-3:25pm YELLOW v WHITE; GREEN v ORANGE
Our thanks go out to the Hawks Club who will provide their famous curry lunch for players and spectators on Sunday, March 31 around 12 pm.