News and Announcements
Please note the below schedule that is now reflected on the league website:
September 29 – previous schedule
9:30 am – Vikes vs Mutineers
12:30 pm – Tigers vs Rebels 1
2:00 pm – Hawks vs Marauders
(BYE – Rebels 2)
September 29 – NEW schedule:
9:30 am – Mutineers vs
12:30 pm – Tigers vs Rebels 1
2:00 pm – vs Hawks
Impacted teams are underlined above.
If you have any questions please reach out to email@example.com
Photo Credit: Island Wave Photography
Field Hockey Victoria are working closely with the University of Victoria to be proactive in communicating field closures due to weather or other issues.
As a reminder, UVic has a field status page that they will update. Note that the status updated on the page is FOR THE DAY posted .
We will endeavor to also communicate to the team reps and umpires as well but the field status page is the priority for communication from UVic.
View Field Status:
The Vancouver Island Men’s Field Hockey Association is looking to hire a new League Administrator to start immediately.
Please find attached a Roles & Responsibilities document outlining the duties of the VIFHA League Administrator. We are looking to hire a new administrator to take over for the 2019-20 season. Most of the leg work for the Fall schedule and registration has been completed. Training and transition support will be provided.
A committee led by the VIFHA President, Rajiv Dillon, and the league executive will conduct the hiring process.
An honorarium of $1000 will be provided for the year. This will be pro-rated depending on the successful candidate’s start date.
Please circulate to those hockey friends and families who might be interested.
Please apply by Friday, September 20 to firstname.lastname@example.org
The document VIFHA_Administrator_R_R_2019-20.pdf was attached to this post.
The 2019-20 Men’s League schedule is now online!
The league will feature competitive games that include the UVic Vikes men, the recreation division as well as inter-club exhibition matches.
Visit the below link to see the full schedule:
Questions? E-mail email@example.com
Field Hockey Victoria Society
Annual General Meeting
June 19, 2019
7:00 – 8:30 pm
Boardroom @ Commonwealth Pool (4636 Elk Lake Drive)
- Approval of the agenda
- Approve minutes of the previous AGM
- Executive report (Juniors, Men, Ladies, Umpires, Turf)
- Approval of the Financial report
- Election of Directors
- President (incumbent: Mark Baggott, VIFHA)
- Vice-President (incumbent: Milena Gaiga, VJFHA)
- Treasurer (incumbent: Amy Jones, VILFHA)
- Secretary (incumbent: Sandy Grimwood, VILFHA)
- Directors at Large (incumbents: Shibby Claire, Jim Knight, Nancy Griffin, Ali Baggott, Denise McGeachy)
- Appointment of Auditor, if required
- Motion re: new Society’s Act
- Any other business
Voting structure reminder:
- Vancouver Island Ladies Field Hockey Association: 2 Votes
- Vancouver Island Field Hockey Association (Men): 2 Votes
- Victoria Junior Field Hockey Association: 2 Votes
- South Island Field Hockey Umpires’ Association: 1 Vote
All members of the above associations plus other with interest in field hockey in Victoria are welcome to attend.