News and Announcements
JOB: League Administrator
The Vancouver Island Men’s Field Hockey Association is looking to hire a new League Administrator to start immediately.
Please find attached a Roles & Responsibilities document outlining the duties of the VIFHA League Administrator. We are looking to hire a new administrator to take over for the 2019-20 season. Most of the leg work for the Fall schedule and registration has been completed. Training and transition support will be provided.
A committee led by the VIFHA President, Rajiv Dillon, and the league executive will conduct the hiring process.
An honorarium of $1000 will be provided for the year. This will be pro-rated depending on the successful candidate’s start date.
Please circulate to those hockey friends and families who might be interested.
Please apply by Friday, September 20 to firstname.lastname@example.org
The document VIFHA_Administrator_R_R_2019-20.pdf was attached to this post.
2019-20 Schedule Released
The 2019-20 Men’s League schedule is now online!
The league will feature competitive games that include the UVic Vikes men, the recreation division as well as inter-club exhibition matches.
Visit the below link to see the full schedule:
Questions? E-mail email@example.com
Field Hockey Victoria AGM 2019
Field Hockey Victoria Society
Annual General Meeting
June 19, 2019
7:00 – 8:30 pm
Boardroom @ Commonwealth Pool (4636 Elk Lake Drive)
- Approval of the agenda
- Approve minutes of the previous AGM
- Executive report (Juniors, Men, Ladies, Umpires, Turf)
- Approval of the Financial report
- Election of Directors
- President (incumbent: Mark Baggott, VIFHA)
- Vice-President (incumbent: Milena Gaiga, VJFHA)
- Treasurer (incumbent: Amy Jones, VILFHA)
- Secretary (incumbent: Sandy Grimwood, VILFHA)
- Directors at Large (incumbents: Shibby Claire, Jim Knight, Nancy Griffin, Ali Baggott, Denise McGeachy)
- Appointment of Auditor, if required
- Motion re: new Society’s Act
- Any other business
Voting structure reminder:
- Vancouver Island Ladies Field Hockey Association: 2 Votes
- Vancouver Island Field Hockey Association (Men): 2 Votes
- Victoria Junior Field Hockey Association: 2 Votes
- South Island Field Hockey Umpires’ Association: 1 Vote
All members of the above associations plus other with interest in field hockey in Victoria are welcome to attend.
The Final Standings of the VIFHA Competitive Division:
1. Tigers (47 points in 18 games = 2.61 P/GP)
2. Mutineers (28 points in 17 games = 1.65 P/GP)
3. Rebels 1 (26 points in 18 games = 1.44 P/GP)
4. Uvic Vikes (6 points in 20 games = 0.30 P/GP)
The VIFHA Competitive Playoff Schedule for the upcoming two weeks:
Sunday, March 24
11:00am Mutineers v Rebels 1
12:30pm Tigers v Vikes
Sunday, March 31
11:00am 3rd place match
12:30pm 1st place match
2:00 pm Recreation Division Jamboree
The VIFHA Recreation Division Jamboree
In the Jamboree, all recreational players will wear white shirts and their club shorts/socks. The players for each club are split into 4 groups. Each group merges with groups from the other clubs to form 4 mixed teams. These teams will wear pinnies of different colours. The 4 teams will play 20-minute, 7-a-side matches on the half pitch. The schedule would look like this:
2:15-2:35pm YELLOW v GREEN; ORANGE v WHITE
2:40-3:00pm YELLOW v ORANGE; GREEN v WHITE
3:05-3:25pm YELLOW v WHITE; GREEN v ORANGE
Our thanks go out to the Hawks Club who will provide their famous curry lunch for players and spectators on Sunday, March 31 around 12 pm.
Field Status Updates
With the colder weather, UVic is doing their best to keep us posted on field updates. UVic is committed to checking the fields daily and trying to be extra proactive ahead of weekends.
The below webpage will be updated per day to identify field closures.
If you see a previous day listed it means the check has yet to be updated online. If you have any immediate questions call 250-721-8484.