News and Announcements
Summer Drop-in Field Hockey
The Sailors Field Hockey Club and Rebels Field Hockey Club are pleased to present summer drop-in field hockey for July and August 2021. This is co-ed pick-up hockey (ie. 7-aside or 11-aside games) and depending on level of players that arrive will be divided into competitive or recreational. This summer’s sessions are going to prioritize game play for adult-level league players who have not had any hockey this season.
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER EACH PARTICIPANT:
The pre-registration form is to ensure we have contact information for all interested personnel and to ensure that we can communicate the required health and safety protocols on a timely basis.
Tuesdays (7-8:30pm in July and August) hosted by the Sailors Field Hockey Club
Thursday (7-8:30pm in July, 8-9:30pm in August) hosted by the Rebels Field Hockey Club
First dates: Tuesday, July 6 and Thursday July 8
Last dates: Tuesday, August 31 and Thursday August 26
- Location: UVic Field 1 (water-based turf)
- Time: Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before start time. You will not be permitted on to the field early and we are expected to leave the premises on time.
- Cost: $5 per session (cash due at the field prior to play)
- Age: 14 and up (target age is those that play in the men’s and women’s league already)
- Co-ed hockey (men and women)
- Field Max: A maximum of 50 players (including organizers, spectators and umpires) are allowed. We will turn people away if we hit the maximum.
- All players must be members in good standing with Field Hockey BC (ie. active and current membership)
- All participants who step foot on the field must fill out a COVID-19 attestation form (hard copy paper) per session. Any participants under 18 must have a parent or legal guardian sign their form (no exceptions).
- All players must play with shin guards and mouth guards
Health and Safety:
- Make sure to print and sign your COVID attestation form before each session (no exceptions)
- Masks are optional
- Physical distancing is required outside the venue (fences) but not inside the venue.
Please note that if you do not currently have a FHBC Membership for the 2020-21 season, some positive news about registration for July/August and 2021-22 is coming, so don’t register before July 1. We will forward that information along as soon as it’s available.
Questions: Ali Baggott (email@example.com) or Jim Knight (firstname.lastname@example.org)
World Masters Hockey
Field Hockey Canada is excited to announce plans to send national teams to the following World Masters Hockey (WMH) World Cup Tournaments:
Indoor Tournament (Age groups: 40+ / 45+ / 50+ / 55+)
Virginia Beach, USA
Feb 15-20, 2022
Outdoor Tournament (Age groups: 35+ / 40+)
August 12-21, 2022
Outdoor Tournament (Age groups: 45+ / 50+ / 55+ / 60+ / 65+)
Cape Town, South Africa
October 1-10, 2022
The upcoming tournaments represent a new cycle of national Master’s teams. All participating teams will be open for trials. If you were previously accepted to represent Canada on any of the 2020 teams, please be advised that you will need to retrial for your age group.
Field Hockey Canada’s Masters program is 100% self-funded by athletes selected for World Cup teams. Athletes will be expected to pay a team levy (approximately $2000-$3000) to cover the costs of uniforms, accommodations, some transportation and for the coaches’ cost for international airfare and accommodation. There may be additional costs for training and tournament travel before the World Cup events.
To be eligible to trial for Masters World Cup competition you must:
- be age 35 and older
- have paid your provincial and FHC fees
- be a Canadian citizen or meet the residency requirements of WMH
- hold a valid passport
- register as a Masters player at: https://mastersfieldhockey.ca/masters-hockey-registration/
- Masters National Teams are selected to represent Canada in a World Cup, so please encourage as many people as possible to sign up to ensure that competitive squads are sent. Further details such as program policies will be shared in due course.
To register for Field Hockey Canada’s Women’s Masters Program, please follow this link:
For those who are already registered, please also feel free to follow the link and complete the form to ensure your information and preferences are up to date.
While the World Masters Hockey and the host nations are excited to announce these dates, the health and safety of all athletes is paramount. Field Hockey Canada and WMH will continue to monitor the impact of the pandemic and make appropriate changes.
For more information about the Masters Program and the upcoming tournaments, please visit:
Junior League 2021
The Junior League have been working hard to get up and running for the 2021 season and we would love your help in spreading the word. Forwarding this e-mail to a friend, neighbour or fellow parent is an easy way to help us grow our sport. We have limited capacity this year due to the PHO restrictions so we want to communicate really early the upcoming registration date.
Registration will open Friday, February 12 at 7:00 a.m. and it will be first-come, first-served.
We have a number of modifications for this year’s season in order to follow the Public Health Officer’s guidelines for youth sport. Most notably, you will notice that our plan is to run our season in accordance with Field Hockey BC and ViaSport’s Stage 1 Return to Play Framework. This means that participants will be focusing more on technical skills and skill games that take place with physical distancing from others at all times. The biggest change you will notice is that there will be no game days and no games at the end of practice.
In addition, there will be no spectators allowed in or around the facility except for our Kindies (age 5-6) age group which will require a parent per participant for each session.
The numbers of participants per age group this year is somewhat lower than previous years to ensure we are in line with field maximums.
The full details of what to expect this season are listed on our website here: http://victoriajuniorfieldhockey.ca/clubs/393/pages/182507
We hope you will be able to join us this season.
Mark your calendars and register online at the below link starting at 7:00 am on Friday, Feb. 12: https://victoriajuniorfieldhockey.spappz.com/register
If you would like to join us as a volunteer lead or assistant coach please fill out this form or e-mail Ali Baggott (email@example.com) for more details.
Victoria Junior Field Hockey Association
FHBC AGM Feb. 10
In preparation for the upcoming Field Hockey BC Annual General Meeting on February 10th, 2021 (6.30pm), the Field Hockey BC Board of Directors and Staff wish to reach out to inform the membership that the 2021 AGM will be hosted in a VIRTUAL capacity utilizing both video conference and web-based voting technology.
Given the current restrictions imposed on group gatherings by the BC Public Health Office, the expectation is that an in-person hosted AGM will neither be possible nor appropriate in February 2021. As a result, FHBC is providing a series of advance notices to membership beginning with this communique outlining a calendar timeframe for the submission of information and documentation ahead of a virtual AGM:
- AGM Date: February 10, 2021 at 6.30pm
- Deadline for Submission of Nominations to the Board of Directors: January 18, 2021
- Deadline for Submission of Formal Motions: January 18, 2021
- Release and Posting of Proxy Form Template: January 20, 2021
- Deadline for Submission of Proxy Form to FHBC: February 3, 2021
- Deadline to Register as an Individual Voter: February 3, 2021
- Deadline to Register Questions in advance of the AGM (Optional): February 5, 2021
- Virtual AGM Trial Run (Internal): February 8, 2021
The timeline above recognizes the level of complexity required when considering a virtually hosted AGM and in particular sets realistic submission deadlines designed to enable FHBC to pre-load election, motion, and voting detail into the supporting technology. Once such detail has been pre-loaded sufficient time remains for FHBC to communicate with members (most specifically voting members) as to how such technology will be utilized both in advance of and at the AGM.
FHBC intends to provide similar AGM updates/reminders scheduled for membership dissemination on January 4, 2021; January 20, 2021; and January 25, 2021. Each AGM update is intended to provide guidance as to due process ahead of pertinent calendar deadlines.
This first AGM notice provides the opportunity to introduce due process for nominations to the FHBC Board of Directors:
FHBC Board of Director Nominations
The following four FHBC Board of Director positions are up for election in 2021:
- Domestic Director
- Marketing Director
- Athlete Program Director
FHBC has posted the terms of reference for each position above and the applicable nomination form in the Annual General Meeting page of the FHBC website www.fieldhockeybc.com/annual-general-meeting-agm/. You can also find these documents attached to this email. To nominate an individual for any of the Board of Director positions above, please complete a nomination form and return the form by January 18, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. A reminder will be included in the January 4, 2021 update to follow.
In the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out and contact us at email@example.com should you have any questions regarding the 2021 FHBC AGM.
Yours in sport,
Field Hockey BC
December 21, 2020
Victoria Junior League AGM
Hello Field Hockey Community!
The Victoria Junior Field Hockey Association would like to invite you to the 2020 Annual General Meeting. They are looking for some new Board Members to join our team. They are looking for people who are interested in getting involved in the field hockey community and helping the next generation.
For interested parents, you will have a direct hand in shaping the association to benefit all children in our sport. This is a great way to acquire some professional development in a volunteer organization and to give you a chance to offer your ideas and perspective.
The AGM will be held on Thursday December 10, 2020 at 7pm via ZOOM. Everyone is welcome to attend the AGM.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 858 4649 0301
The order of business will be as follows:
1. Call to order
2. Approval of agenda
3. Approval of previous minutes – September 16, 2019
4. Treasurer’s report – Charles
5. Chair’s report – Shibby Claire
6. 2020-2021 Season- What it will look like with Covid
• President – Shibby Claire (incumbent)
• Vice-President – Jim Knight
• Secretary – Shalegh Ringma (incumbent)
• Treasurer – Charles Goodmanson (incumbent)
• Girls Coordinator – Julie Williams/Lauren Goodmanson
• Boys Coordinator – Jim Knight/Meena Sran
• Directors-at-Large Kelvin Kum & 2 vacant positions
9. Other business