News and Announcements
Dear Parent and/or Guardian:
If you wish for your son/daughter to try out for the team(s) outside of their age level. Below, you will find information on how the petitioning process is conducted.
By the Hockey Handbook, petitioning is limited to the following criteria:
1) Grade Level of a Player
2) Team Alignment (team numbers including goalies)
3) Ability; and maturity of player
Players wishing to petition to try out for team(s) above their age level must:
- Petition the Hockey Committee for your player to tryout - Petitions must be received by any CYHC member by October 10th, 2014- Indicate why you are requesting to petition- Must satisfy one or more of the above criteria.
- Process - All petitions must first be approved by the CYHC - CYHC will inform the Hockey Coordinator of those petitioned player(s) - A minimum of 5 tryout sessions per age group is required - Each tryout session is observed and players evaluated by the Player/Team Selection Committee (which includes the coaches and the Hockey Coordinator) - The Player/Team Selection Committee will make player and team divisions after the final tryout session.
- Petitioned Players will - be placed on the “A” or “B” team in the level the player petitioned.
Note: All petitioned players and their parents should be well aware that approved players will not be allowed to return to their original age level.
Example: If, approved, Squirt players will tryout for PeeWeeA and/or B team. The Player will participate in PeeWee level tryouts scheduled for (tentatively) October 20, 21, 27, 28 & 29, 2014. If the player is chosen for the PeeWee A or B team the player will appear on that team's roster for the 2014-2015 season.
Crookston Youth Hockey Committee
The Youth Hockey Committee works hard throughout the whole year to improve and make your hockey experience the best it can be.
click on the handout below for the YHC newsletter volume one.
Registration for the 2015-2016 season is NOW available online.
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS.
USA HOCKEY NUMBERS ARE REQUIRED TO REGISTER: LINK IS AVAILABLE AT THE BOTTOM
Click on the following link, verify and complete all the steps.https://www2.jevin.net/login.aspx?Data=%2fGKgxoDeLHYpANExoGttnA%3d%3d
Information you entered last year will need to be verified and/or updated on the "profile page". When you are done, just click "next" to continue the process.
You will be registering with three different entities: Blue Line Club, Park & Rec and USA Hockey (Everyone MUST register with all 3 entities before your child gets on the ice).
Please Note: Raffle tickets are required for all Mite 3/8U thru Bantam/14U. If you choose to purchase ADDITIONAL raffle books you can click on that option.
Termites and Dynamites are not required to sell raffle tickets but may opt to purchase/sell them, and any sales would be greatly appreciated.
Raffle tickets will be available for pick-up on registration day, September 22nd & 23rd at the CSC from 5-7pm.
Pirate Fun Night Dinner & Show tickets are NOT available to purchase online. Due to the limited number of tickets being sold, our hockey parents will have FIRST chance to buy them at registration, September 22nd & 23rd from 5-7PM at the CSC and then we will open them up to the public. (please note meal tickets will NOT be sold at the door and must be purchased in advance)
If you choose to use a credit card or debit card there will be an additional user fee added.
If you choose to pay with cash or check you must get your payment to Val Rauner at the BLC office or bring it to registration day at the CSC on September 22nd & 23rd from 5:00-7:00pm.
You will also be required to have your USA Hockey confirmation number in order to register with the Blue Line Club. If you have not already done so, please register with USA Hockey (credit card required). https://www.usahockeyregistration.com/login_input.action
Keep the rest of the hockey community informed by posting scores, pictures, highlights of your teams successes and hard work throughout the season on our Facebook page.
(only appropriate messages and photos will be allowed)