Stay Hydrated During Tryouts
Fall sports begin in August and, therefore, can bring lots of sunshine and heat. Coaches will be monitoring the temperature to keep everyone healthy and safe. However, there will still be fitness testing your endurance and sprint speeds. As a result, you need to make sure you are drinking plenty of water. Please see the tips below to help keep you hydrated while exercising.
- Drink about 17ounces of water 2-3hours before exercise.
- Drink about 8-10oz of water 10-20minutes before exercise.
- Drink about 8-10oz of water every 15min or so during your workout. You may find sipping water throughout your workout works as well.
- After an hour or so of exercise, consider drinking a Gatorade or other sports drink.
- Continue to drink water after the workout to replace fluids.
- **Your pee should be clear!!!