Excellence in Reputation
Teamship Values – Excellence in Reputation
Whistler Cup is an enormous opportunity for us to share our love and passion for our sport and all that it stands for with the hundreds of athletes, parents, volunteers and sponsors who come to town, and it is therefore an occasion to reflect on Excellence in Reputation.
As much as we always strive to be ambassadors for ourselves, our team, our community and our sport, when we are at home the way that we carry ourselves is much of what people take away, and the foundation of our individual and collective reputations. At the same time, end of season energy levels are starting to wane while tensions, emotions and expectations are running high. It is therefore imperative that we stay focused on who we are, and what we stand for: first the person, then the athlete, then the skier and then the ski racer.
We Excel in Reputation: Our reputation determines how we are perceived by supporters and opponents alike. We work hard to maintain our reputation for being professional, well-organized, and highly disciplined.
• We are ambassadors: We uphold the reputation of the WMSC at all times and are outstanding ambassadors for skiing, the community and the country that we represent. We recognize that as a team we need to always display a united front.
Regardless of individual performance or stresses, we must stay strong, manage our emotions and think about the collective goals that we are all working towards in the knowledge that it is the strength of the team and having that team behind us that will give us the strength for the long run to reach our individual & collective goals.
• We are role models: We act as a role models at all times because we know that our actions and comments affect the reputation and morale of the Club.
Not only the words that we say, but also the way that we say them and the body language that we use tells an enormous amount about our attitude. There are always things that we and other can do better and focusing on solutions and staying the course will move us towards the excellence that we strive for.
• We are positive: We always maintain positive attitudes in what we do and in reflection of others to maintain our culture of excellence.
It is always easy to criticize oneself and others, and to point out faults; however the real value is to be able to identify and cherish what we can improve, and accept that the areas of improvement are the opportunity to develop and excel.
• We are proud and accountable: We always take pride in, and complete ownership of, our individual and collective actions and appearance.
In our Club and our sport there are many pieces that come together to form our reputation. As we make a strong effort to present ourselves as the person that we want to be, wear our uniforms with pride and keep our clubhouse, race venue and equipment tidy & organised strengthens our professional reputation.
• We are supportive and thankful: We go out of our way to support our team-mates and the community that sustains us. We go out of our way to thank those who help, encourage and support us.
Our team, Club, community and sport rely completely on our collective endeavours to support each other. The effort that all athletes, parents, volunteers & staff make goes way above and beyond. It takes so little to put our own challenges aside to say thank you, but it goes a long way.
It is an honour to be a part of this team and to be associated with so many great people who continually strive for Excellence in Reputation.
Whistler Mountain Ski Club