News and Announcements
Dear PALL Families,
San Diego Crush Baseball Academy would like to invite all Poway Little League players to participate in their player skills clinic hosted from 9am to 11am on Sunday, May 19th at Poway High School. This is a 1-day clinic that is FREE to all Poway Little League players and will offer an opportunity to learn new skills and techniques taught by Poway High School coaches as well as professional playing backgrounds.
Some of what the camp will cover will be:
will review swing basics such as an efficient load and hand position, as well as a
balanced and strong swing. The mental approach to hitting will be covered as well.
will work on proper foot alignment and movement through ground balls and fly balls
along with proper body position before and during a play.
will learn tips and mechanics that will improve command and velocity.
Details and signup information are below. We are limiting our spots so don’t wait to sign up!
When: Sunday, May 19th.
Time: 9am to 11am.
Where: Poway High School Varsity Baseball Field.
What to bring: Baseball attire, equipment, cleats, and water.
CLICK the link below to register
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Poway American Little League for Little League Day at Petco Park on June 2nd! Root on the Padres as they take on the Miami Marlins. Have fun with your teammates and other PALL families. All players in attendance get to participate in a parade on the field before the game. Below are all the details. Hope to see you there!
GAME TIME 3:10PM | TICKETS $14 EACH
TEAMS GET TO JOIN PARADE AROUND THE FIELD BEFORE THE GAME!!!
To order tickets:
1. Complete the order form located on PALL Website (pallbaseball.org) under the “documents” tab, under “Special Events” section. I have also attached it below.
2. Place order form and money in a sealed envelope and turn into your team parent.
• Make checks payable to Poway American Little League
3. OR Alternatively – you can fill out the form and take to the snack shack and pay via credit card
All orders must be turned into the snack shack by 5pm, Saturday, May 18.
Tickets will be available for pick up on Saturday, June 1st during our Closing Ceremonies. [Yes, we are aware that the Padres Little League day is AFTER the end of our season, it is how the Padres scheduled it and we cannot change it]
Hi PALL Families,
It is hard to believe we are more than half way through the 2019 Spring Baseball season. Thank you, families, for all of the volunteer hours you have put in so far to make our league the best – we could not do this without you.
I do have a few reminders – please take the time to read through this email.
I received a call this week from Tierra Bonita Elementary school expressing concern about the amount of trash floating around our fields and broken playground equipment.
- TRASH – We provide trash and recycle receptacles at each field, please help out in making sure trash and recyclables are placed there and not left behind. At the end of each game, if you can look around and if you see trash, we would appreciate it if you could help clean it up – if this is done each game it will not be an issue.
- SUNFLOWER SEEDS – we provide cups in the snack shack to us to collect your shells – please use that rather than spitting them on the ground and bleachers.
- PLEASE SUPERVISE KIDS ON PLAYGROUND – the playground by field #2 is open for our use during our games/practices. PLEASE NOTE -* the fenced in Kindergarten playground is NOT AVAILABLE TO US* (please make sure your kids do not play in that playground). Each week our league has 300 plus families that come to our fields and many of us have kids that play on the playground while we are there – unfortunately, after games recently the school has noticed broken playground equipment, most recently the zip line.
Parking – as you know before/after and between games there are a lot of kids around the snack shack – for their safety and the safety of our families we do not allow parking in the back lot. Please do not park in the back or drive back to drop off your players unless you have a handicap placard or pre-approved parking pass.
When we each registered our players to play this spring, we each agreed to follow the Parent Code of Conduct. I have attached it to this email in case someone wants to review/refresh their memory – we all work hard to provide a safe and fun learning environment for our kids – this code of conduct helps to make sure it happens.
Again, thank you for working with the Board of Directors, your Manager, Coaches and Team parents to make Poway American Little League an amazing place to play Baseball.
Sign-up today for this Sunday’s clinic!
Our Minor B through Majors players are invited to come out to a workout / advanced skills clinic to help them continue their great progress this season. Great opportunity for players to revisit fundamentals and learn some advanced strategies of the game. Info is below including sign-up instructions.
Date: Sunday, April 28
Location: Poway Community Center
Time: 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
For those interested in becoming a better ball player – this is a great start to learning the basic and advanced techniques. Over the course of the clinics pitchers will learn command, control, change of speeds as well as the other aspects of the game that a pitcher needs to become effective. Hitters will learn the simplified steps to having an effective swing. Fielders will learn what it takes to field the ball efficiently and with proper form.
The clinics are free to Poway American Little League players. Take advantage of this awesome opportunity. Space will fill up fast, don’t wait to sign up!
Click the Poway Little League Clinic Registration link below to sign up:http://www.forcesportsclub.com/forms/19460-Little-League-Advanced-Skills-Clinic
For questions, email email@example.com
Poway American Little League
The Poway American Little League Board of Directors would like to thank the following businesses and families for their support in sponsoring teams for the Spring 2019 season. We have many volunteers to help run our league, and have made a constant effort to keep our registration fees affordable, so as many kids as possible can play. Unfortunately, all of our costs cannot be covered by registration alone, so we rely on local sponsors to keep our program going strong.
When you are out and about in our community and have a choice in where to do business, we ask that you consider the companies listed below.
PALL Board of Directors