News and Announcements

Post Author Picture

League Status???

Posted by S L at Jul 17, 2020 1:34PM PDT ( 0 Comments )

Next week we are planning on drafting the last of the divisions for game play. Again, it is our hope to be able to start playing games when Phase 4 starts- waiting for word from RI Governor.

As soon as we get the OK, we will be ready to roll as shirts and insurance are all set, teams almost fully created and scorekeepers and refs eagerly waiting to play as your children are as well.
Keep the faith all!

Steve (401-206-7248)

Post Author Picture

Summer League puton hold until Phase 4 (July 27th)

Posted by S L at Jun 27, 2020 11:26AM PDT ( 0 Comments )

The town of WW will not allow us to use the basketball courts to play competitive games at this point. We are holding out hope for a July 27th – Phase 4 – start up date. Its my goal to play a 5 week season, 2 games a night.

Stay tuned all,

Post Author Picture


Posted by S L at Jun 3, 2020 6:55AM PDT ( 0 Comments )

League is SOLD OUT,

Had positive meeting with the town the other day and went over what we need to start the league u- Town is working with us. Waiting nor=w for Gov to make Phase 3 announcement. When that comes, we will be ready. Looking to start the week of July 6-10th.

Post Author Picture

June 1st - WW Summer League Update

Posted by S L at May 30, 2020 4:36PM PDT ( 0 Comments )

We are moving forward as there WILL be a WW Summer Basketball League this year – our plan is to start games the week of July 6th when Phase 3 of the Governors plan is in effect.

The league will be reduced to 1/2 its normal size so registration is almost complete. A list of rules for parents attending will be handed out to all players/parents along with a Post Covid-109 policies. It will be different this summer but I know we can do it if we ALL WORK AS ONE to keep everyone safe.

More info to follow

Keep fingers crossed everyone :)

For more info – call 401-206-7248 (Steve) or e-mail

Post Author Picture

Summer League Status

Posted by S L at May 15, 2020 6:28AM PDT ( 0 Comments )

The Governor announced yesterday that the The CDC has “recommended cancelling or postponing all youth sports”. She also said “it doesn’t mean we have to throw the towel in just yet”.

I am holding out hope until the 2nd week of June before I make final announcement. I am hoping there is a chance the CDC may change its decision if things change with the virus for the better.

If we do not go forward with this years summer league, I plan on refunding everyone’s registration money. Parents who have children playing in the WW winter league will get the option of putting the summer registration toward the winter league.

I am still holding out hope that there is a chance – as slight as it may be – that the kids get to play.

Steve Lawton 401-206-7248