News and Announcements
League is SOLD OUT,
Had positive meeting with the town the other day and went over what we need to start the league u- Town is working with us. Waiting nor=w for Gov to make Phase 3 announcement. When that comes, we will be ready. Looking to start the week of July 6-10th.
We are moving forward as there WILL be a WW Summer Basketball League this year – our plan is to start games the week of July 6th when Phase 3 of the Governors plan is in effect.
The league will be reduced to 1/2 its normal size so registration is almost complete. A list of rules for parents attending will be handed out to all players/parents along with a Post Covid-109 policies. It will be different this summer but I know we can do it if we ALL WORK AS ONE to keep everyone safe.
More info to follow
Keep fingers crossed everyone :)
For more info – call 401-206-7248 (Steve) or e-mail email@example.com
The Governor announced yesterday that the The CDC has “recommended cancelling or postponing all youth sports”. She also said “it doesn’t mean we have to throw the towel in just yet”.
I am holding out hope until the 2nd week of June before I make final announcement. I am hoping there is a chance the CDC may change its decision if things change with the virus for the better.
If we do not go forward with this years summer league, I plan on refunding everyone’s registration money. Parents who have children playing in the WW winter league will get the option of putting the summer registration toward the winter league.
I am still holding out hope that there is a chance – as slight as it may be – that the kids get to play.
Steve Lawton 401-206-7248 firstname.lastname@example.org
Some possible changes to our league to help with social distancing:
1) May push start day back from week of June 29th to the week of July 13th
2) May stagger game times t o limit the number of people interacting between games. Thinking of going 5pm, 6:30pm, 8pm & 9:30pm start times. The hope is the game will be over and majority of the parents/players will be in their cars leaving before most of the next group of players/parents arrive.
3) May have parents practice social distancing by watching games from up top on the hill rather than court side.
4) May force any ice cream trucks or lemonade trucks to park AWAY from the courts over by baseball field. You would have to walk there to get what you want – less people around the courts
5) May put up caution tape between the 2 courts at Riverpoint to eliminate anyone around team benches EXCEPT players, coaches and score keepers. Possibly only have “1” coach on bench per team.
6) Sanitize basketball after every quarter with hand sanitizer wipes
7) Eliminate end of game hand shakes and high fives.
If anyone has additional ideas, I’d love to hear from you. Steve Lawton email@example.com or 401-206-7248
Crazy times we are living in, hope everyone is staying safe.
The WW Summer Basketball League is currently still ON AS SCHEDULED to start in early July. The hope this this virus will be under control and we will be able to get back to normal – or at least a “new normal”.
If debating on signing up your children – keep in mind this league has sold out 7 straight years and will sell out shortly again.
We are currently 60% full.
Questions call Steve at 401-206-7248