WW Summer Basketball League - Precautions
Some possible changes to our league to help with social distancing:
1) May push start day back from week of June 29th to the week of July 13th
2) May stagger game times t o limit the number of people interacting between games. Thinking of going 5pm, 6:30pm, 8pm & 9:30pm start times. The hope is the game will be over and majority of the parents/players will be in their cars leaving before most of the next group of players/parents arrive.
3) May have parents practice social distancing by watching games from up top on the hill rather than court side.
4) May force any ice cream trucks or lemonade trucks to park AWAY from the courts over by baseball field. You would have to walk there to get what you want – less people around the courts
5) May put up caution tape between the 2 courts at Riverpoint to eliminate anyone around team benches EXCEPT players, coaches and score keepers. Possibly only have “1” coach on bench per team.
6) Sanitize basketball after every quarter with hand sanitizer wipes
7) Eliminate end of game hand shakes and high fives.
If anyone has additional ideas, I’d love to hear from you. Steve Lawton email@example.com or 401-206-7248