News and Announcements
Information from Mike
The funeral service will be Thursday ,at 1100, at Transfiguration Catholic Church with a reception following. No visitation will be held at the funeral home.
We have had an outpouring of love and support from everywhere and Dad is holding up as well as can be expected. We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers.
I am also providing a couple of links.
1. A guestbook is available for those who’d like to offer condolences online through Marietta Funeral Home at: http://www.collinsfuneralhome.org/sitem…/…/COLLIN1/obit.cgi…
2. In lieu of flowers, the family recommends a donation be made in her name to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Donations can be made online at: http://giftfunds.stjude.org/olgawoltering
Mike and his family in need of privacy as the mourn the loss of a loved family member.
Olga Woltering and her husband, Ralph, are from Marietta, Georgia. The couple flew into Fort Lauderdale for a cruise with their children, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Ralph wasn’t injured in the shooting, but Olga was killed. The cruise was to celebrate Ralph’s 90th birthday, said fellow churchgoer Dan Blankowski.
The couple were involved members of Transfiguration Catholic Church since they joined in 1978, he said, and regularly front seat attendees to 5 p.m. Mass.
If I get more information I will pass it on.
CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Lee Molway, Jerry Bohacek, Warren Butler, Ken Taylor, Mike Parson, Ron O’Donnell, Ray Deluca, Norm Thiem, also, Mike Carrigan, Al Buehler
Absent: Randy Bergman
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 6:30pm
Treasures Report: see last meetings notes
• A member of CSSA was in need of assistance. $520 was collected. Thanks to everyone who helped this family.
• Standardize rules with regards to balls, bats, and the use of pitching screen for all leagues. Ray Deluca brought up use of pitching screens to protect our players and protect board members from possible lawsuits due to injury. There was a general discussion among board members about the use of the screens with input from Mike Carrigan about their use in other senior leagues in the area. It should be noted that all other senior leagues in the area are using the screens for the safety of their players. A vote was taken on their use and passed with a vote of 9 for and 1 against.
• Discussed the softballs now in use. Most leagues are using yellow 44/375 balls. Should we go with this as our standard ball for all leagues? The other option is a 52/300 ball along with the option of a white ball. The cost for yellow balls is cheaper. Ken Taylor makes a motion to use 44/375 yellow balls for al leagues. 2nd by Jerry Bohacek. Will vote on at next meeting.
• Umpires – Continued discussion with 1 umpire or staying with 2 umpires. Mike said a lot of the tournaments they do only use one for their earlier games. As stated before the approximate savings by going with 1 will be about $6,000.00. Ken Taylor makes a motion that we go with 1 umpire. Lee Molway 2nd. Vote will be taken at next meeting.
• Sponsorships – Still looking for corporate sponsorships. Norm brought up the fact that we need to show potential sponsors what we are giving them. It was brought up that our email list could be of value to them. Need ideas on how to market league better.
• Next meeting – January 9, 2017 – 6:30 at Gameday Grill
It is time to check on players retuning and not retuning.
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Ken Taylor, Randy Bergman, Warren Butler, Mike Parsons, Ron O’Donnell, Lee Molway, Ray Deluca, Jerry Bohacek, Norm Thiem
Absent: Scott Parrish
Dewey Hom – Calls meeting to order at 6:40pm
Treasures Report: Beginning balance: $7,281.82 Ending balance: $6,546.84
- Banquet – Ended up with about 200 people. Feedback was positive on facility, food and association. Monday night proved to be very popular. Some would like to see 50/50 money used for a charitable organization. Warren Butler is still working on corporate sponsorships for next year.
- Lee Molway is working on revamping website. Great progress is being made. Thanks Lee.
- Scorekeeping – As discussed at last meeting, Randy made a motion to change scoring method on error vs hit. This is to take subjectivity out of score keepers’ hands. His motion is if you get on base and it is not a walk or fielder’s choice, it is a hit. Motion was 2nd by Warren. It was voted on and passed with 7 in favor and 2 opposed.
- Umpires – Have a proposal from Mike. Do we want to go with 1 umpire? Approx. $6,000 savings. Will discuss at next meeting Dec. 19
- Ballots – Masters Director , Ron O’Donnell won re-election to this position, with a vote of 36 to 34 over Doug Ashby. All other board positions were unopposed.
- Survey – Results of survey: Keep statistics – yes, keep individual awards – yes, Thursday night league –yes.
- Pitching screens – discussed whether we need to use these in all leagues. Do we need to standardize rules for all leagues? Will discuss at next
meeting. Ray Deluca made a motion to use pitching screens for all leagues. Lee Molway 2nd this motion. Will vote on this at next meeting.
- Next meeting – December 19, 2016 at 6:30 pm – Gameday