News and Announcements
If you are 62 or older, then you may be interested in the following message:
The cost of a lifetime National Park Service Senior Pass goes from $10
to $80 (an 800% increase) effective August 28th, so if you don’t have
one and want to get one, you need to do so before midnight Sunday. The
website to go to is: https://store.usgs.gov/senior-pass
In addition to the $10 fee for the pass, there is also a $10 fee for
processing the credit/debit card payment, but remember, this is a
LIFETIIME pass that you can use as often as you want to visit National
Parks throughout the US.
Get yours while you can
Sweet water creek State Park 1750 Mount Vernon Rd, Lithia Springs, GA 30122 · (770) 732-5871
Allatoona 678-721-6700 Cartersville GA
Carters 706-334-2248 Chatsworth GA
Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area 678-538-1200 Atlanta GA https://www.nps.gov/chat/
Chattahoochee-Oconee NF – Blue Ridge District 706-745-6928 Blairsville GA https://www.fs.fed.us/conf/contact.shtml
Chattahoochee-Oconee NF – Chattooga River District 706-754-6221 Lakemont GA https://www.fs.fed.us/conf/contact.shtml
Chattahoochee-Oconee NF – Conasauga District 706-695-6736 Chatsworth GA https://www.fs.fed.us/conf/contact.shtml
Chattahoochee-Oconee NF – Main Office 770-297-3000 Gainesville GA https://www.fs.fed.us/conf/contact.shtml
Chattahoochee-Oconee NF – Oconee District 706-485-3180 Eatonton GA https://www.fs.fed.us/conf/contact.shtml
Chattanooga National Military Park 706-866-9241 Point Park,Lookout Mtn. GA https://www.nps.gov/chch/
Cumberland Island National Seashore 912-882-4336×257 St. Mary’s GA https://www.nps.gov/cuis/\
Lanier 770-945-9531 Buford GA http://www.sam.usace.army.mil/Missions/CivilWorks/Recreation/LakeSi dneyLanier.aspx\
Presentation for singing “Take me out to the Ball Park” Presented by Mellow Mushroom team. Look closely at the Flag. This is the spirit for us all to follow.
All rule motions made by the Board have been passed and incorporated into the
Constitution, By Laws and Rules of Play. Details may be found
in the About Us tab.
CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
August 8, 2017
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Bob Werner, Ken Taylor, Scott Parrish, Mike Parson, John Humeston, Lee Molway
Absent: Randy Bergman, Warren Butler, Ray DeLuca
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 7:05pm
• Rule changes – Amend constitution to include “Local Park Rules” for all softball programs. Passed 8 for 0 against. • Nominations for all board positions – Nominees must submit there qualifications and reasons for wanting to serve on BOD. Nominees must be approved by BOD to be put on ballot. Nominees must receive a 2/3 vote for Executive Committee positions and a majority vote for all other positions. To be voted on by proxy. • Player leaving a game early – If a player has to leave a game early for a personal reason, it will not be recorded as an out when his position comes up in the batting order. To be voted on by proxy. • Official games- 9 inning games will be considered complete after 4 ½ innings if home team is ahead. 7 inning game will be considered complete after 3 ½ innings if home team is ahead. To be voted on by proxy. • Meeting was adjourned
1. We are using this opportunity to expand CSSA into another metro Atlanta Park.
2. Priority will be given to players that are only playing once or not at all.
3. We will follow all current CSSA rules.
4. You must be turning 49 this year, bring ID if you are new.
5. Practice will begin at 6:45.
6. Come earlier to pay your $50 league fee, provide shirt size, preferred positions and warm up.
7. For the first year, this will be more of a formal pick up game type atmosphere.
8. If you cannot attend and still would like to play, make arrangements to pay Mike Parson or Dewey Hom before next Thursday.