CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING April 3, 2017
The monthly CSSA board meeting was held on Monday, April 3, 2017, at Game Day Grille. Meeting was called to order at 6:30 PM. All board members were in attendance except for; Ken Taylor, Bob Hammond, Randy Bergman and Lee Molway. However, Lee & Randy were made available via conference call.
1. Sponsor brochure’s were presented by Norm Theim. We discussed contents of brochures and/or changes that should be addressed before they are published. CSSA would like to thank Norm for all his hard work and support in this area, and for supplying the CSSA with printed schedules w/sponsors in the spring. Any additional comments or suggestions should be called into or sent to Norm ASAP.
2. Discussed the need to find interested people who wish to serve as board members in any and all positions for next year.
3. Discussed need to get more players for Monday mornings in both leagues. Currently teams are coming up a player or two short on Mondays with no additional players available.
4. Due to rain and cold-outs, we need to start coming up with plans to make up the games via double headers and/or scale back to a 10 game Spring season.
5. Mike Carrigan gave an update on pitching screens, and still working with some of the pitchers to use the screens correctly.
6. Currently the Wednesday evening league is paying an additional $10 / player for lights and scoreboard costs. We discussed that the players should only pay $5 / player and the league will pay the other $5. A vote was taken and passed 5 – 2 with 1 abstention. Also discussed the need to meet w/ CRPA to negotiate a better price for the future. Board members will try to attend the next CRPA to address this situation.
7. Last Tuesday evening’s games were canceled due to poor field conditions. We discussed the reason that CRPA gave to the CSSA for these conditions. A possible work/share proposition may be presented to the CRPA in order to get the fields ready for play when the weather or other situations present themselves.
8. Georgia CPR Training Academy has offered to teach CPR to any person within our organization for $45 / person of at least 8 people. All umpires and board members should attend as well as anyone else who is interested and associated with CSSA. We will set up a day, time and location in the near future for training. All in attendance will pay their own way.10. Meeting was adjourned at 8:25 PM.