News and Announcements
Registration for SKLL Little League Fall Ball season is now open. Additional details follow:
1. Season begins late August … play continues through October.
2. Participating teams will play in RI District 3 Division.
3. Fall Ball is competitive travel baseball. Game locations will be SK & other RI towns.
4. Fall Ball teams will play games on Saturday, one weeknight game, and practice 1-2 nights per week. Extended games on weekends. Commitment for practices and games is required.
5. Age brackets: 10 - 11 year olds and 7 - 9 year olds. One Junior League team of 12 - 13 year olds. 2011 Little League baseball age is used, so birth date must fall between May 1, 1997 and April 30, 2004.
6. Level of Play: “A” Division & “B” Division.
7. All player level & team assignments will be determined by SKLL. Sorry, we cannot honor requests for specific teams or coaches.
8. All Manager & Coach selection determined by SKLL.
9. Generally, Major League Rules will be in effect for all teams. Junior League rules for 12/13 year olds.
10. League Tournaments at the end of the October.
11. Fee is $80.00 for 1 child, with a $20.00 discount for each additional child. New players may be contacted for skills evaluation to determine level of play.
12. Enrollment is limited. Registration deadline is August 10, 2011.
If you are interested in participating in the Junior Division, you may can contact Frank Gallucci at FGallucci@GilbaneCo.com for more information.
Registration forms may be found on our Handouts page The Fall Ball form is for players ages 7-11; the Junior League form is for players ages 12-13. Please mail the registration form plus check payable to SKLL to the address on the form.
Again this summer, South Kingstown Little League will be holding its Training and Development (TAD) program for boys and girls ages 5 - 11. TAD is a 3 week long summer baseball and softball program at Tuckertown Park that focuses on baseball and softball fundamentals and sportsmanship. The program will consist of practices, games, and special clinics on specific elements including hitting, pitching and fielding. This year the clinics will be run by Steve Breitbach, Assistant Baseball Coach at URI, and will be assisted by athletes from local area high schools. In Breitbach's time at URI, he has coached three All-Americans, six All-Region selections, 17 All-New England picks, two Atlantic 10 Players of the Year, 21 All-Conference honorees and 13 players who have either been drafted or inked professional contracts. Please see our flyer for more information. Family discounts are available.
Congratulations to all the players who were selected for All Star teams! Tournament schedules are posted on the RI District 3 website. Proof of age and residency information can be found on the Handouts page. The All Star paperwork (medical release form, original birth certificate & copy, and three proofs of residency) and player fees will be collected from the players on Saturday, June 18, 2011 at South County Sports Center, 1425 Kingstown Road, from 9 - 11am.
The Majors playoff schedule has been posted:
Friday 6/3 Golden vs SCSC (TT1) and Hughes vs Priority (TT2) @ 5:30
Saturday 6/4 Belmont vs Hal's (TT1) and Laudati vs Amica (TT2) @ 2:00
Monday 6/6 Golden vs Priority (TT1) and SCSC vs Hughes (TT2) @ 5:30
Tuesday 6/7 Laudati vs Hal's (TT1) and Amica vs Belmont (TT2) @ 5:30
Wednesday 6/8 SCSC vs Priority (TT1) and Golden vs Hughes (TT2) @ 5:30
Thursday 6/9 Amica vs Hal's (TT1) and Laudati vs Belmont (TT2) @ 5:30