<font color=red size=5><b>ALL FIELDS CLOSED FOR PRACTICE & GAMES (9/17-9/21)</b></font><img src="/foresthillsll/images/new.gif">
The Fleet Street ballfields experienced some considerable damage due to the extreme high winds and rain that passed through the Forest Hills area on Thursday night, 9/16. Luckily, we were able to clear the fields in time prior to the extreme weather condition and no one was hurt.
Unfortunately, we must cancel all games and practices (9/17 - 9/21)!
However, the FHYAA and league officials are asking for volunteers to come down anytime and help us remove debris and recondition the facility so that we can resume our soccer season ASAP. If you are unable to come down and volunteer your time, please consider attending our Annual Dinner Dance and Benefit Auction (see event details below) or make a donation to help restore the fields that service your children and our community.
Here is an update on the conditions of the Fleet Street Ballfields as of Friday morning, 9/17:
- Field #1 is mostly OK, some banners are down with debris littering the field
- Most if not all the fencing and backstop was destroyed on Field #2
- Approx. 40 trees between Fields #2 & #3 were destroyed and litter the fields
- The scoreboard on Field #3 was blown down, working condition unknown
- One lighting pole on Field #3 is not operational, all other poles and lamps seem OK at this point
- Much of the fencing on Field #3 was destroyed and litters the field
- Luckily, the new Snack Shack and restrooms were spared and do not seem to have any damage at this point
- The clubhouse does not seem to have any damage at this point but internet services are down