News and Announcements
Spring SK Little League baseball is right around the corner, which means it is time to begin our 2021 Sponsorship programs! We are reaching out to our 2020 season sponsors and want to also invite new sponsors to join us as part of our upcoming Spring and or Fall seasons.
SKLL is so grateful for the continued support of our community sponsors – without you we wouldn’t be able to keep our League so strong and active. We look forward to seeing the kids on the field again this Spring with your business names on our jerseys and on the banners at the fields!
The updated 2021 application is linked in the SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION tab at the top of this site.
Have questions about sponsoring or want more information? Please call/text or email Ben Wood, Sponsor Coordinator at
401.612.3727 or email@example.com
SOUTH KINGSTOWN LITTLE LEAGUE WELCOMES NEW AND RETURNING PLAYERS FOR
THE SPRING 2021 GIRLS FAST-PITCH SOFTBALL SEASON
Early Registration is open until 03/15/21
Register now at www.SKLL.org
Ages (as of 12/31/20)
Instructional Softball (ages 5-7). This is a clinic style format focused on introducing younger players to the basics of softball in a non-competitive team environment. Games are intra-squad and coach-pitch only. Registration fee is $55 per player*.
Minors Softball (ages 7-10). No prior experience needed. This program is designed to provide a positive experience for players with an emphasis on learning the fundamentals of the game. The “fast pitch” at this level means flat/no arc and this league offers both player-pitch and coach-pitch opportunities. Registration fee is $75 per player*.
Majors Softball (ages 9-12). This player-pitch “fast pitch” league focuses on improving the players’ fundamental skills and raising the level of competition in a positive team environment. Evaluations are conducted for players new to majors. Registration fee is $75 per player*.
Juniors Softball (ages 13-14). This division focuses on further raising the level of competition for the players while continuing an emphasis on payer development. Registration fee is $80 per player*.
Regular Season. Team practices begin in mid- April with games (normally 2 per week) starting later in April and continuing through early June.
Cost. Shown above for early registration (+ $10 after 3/15/21*) with a sibling discount for more than one player registered per family at registration.
Players must be South Kingstown residents
The document 2021_Softball_flyer_web.pdf was attached to this post.
SKLL offers T-ball, baseball and softball programs for boys and girls ages 4-16.
For more information about our league and its programs, please visit the FAQ section.
All registrations are processed online through Sports Signup Play at http://skll.sportsignupplay.com .
If you want to pay by check, please contact us .
SKLL will hold its Annual General Membership Meeting on Wednesday, September 30th at 7:00pm via Zoom. If you would like to attend this meeting, please email us and we will send you the link.
The meeting will include a review of the 2020 year and election of Officers for the 2021 Board of Directors. Responsibility for day to day operation of SKLL is vested with the Board of Directors.
Adult members who volunteered during the current year are eligible to be elected to the Board. Those eligible who wish to be considered for election to the Board of Directors should please respond by email no later than September 28th to firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice may also be made by U.S. Mail to: SKLL, PO Box 388, Wakefield, RI 02880. Descriptions of the Board of Directors’ roles can be found on the website.
June 29, 2020 UPDATE: Youth baseball and softball will be able to start playing games in Phase 3 of the State’s reopening plan! As Governor Raimondo announced earlier this week, games can be played in phase 3 – between teams, both within and out of Rhode Island, with no limit on overall group size, and spectators will be allowed at games, with social distancing and masks as reflected in the Governor’s guidance documents. For South Kingstown Little League, this means that our divisions that have been practicing this past month will now be able to play games when phase 3 begins, hopefully next week!
Our Seniors, Juniors, Majors and Minors baseball and softball divisions have all been practicing these past weeks, optimistic that games would be able to be played starting in July. So we are thrilled that our players will be able to play soon, with the season running until mid-August. The SKLL board and division coordinators have been working hard to come up with game schedules and a COVID-safety plan so our players will continue to be safe out on the field, whether during practices or games. A few important things to note:
- You will hear directly from your team’s manager with your player’s game schedule.
- As part of the uniform, all players have received an activewear face covering to be worn as outlined in the Governor’s guidelines. The coverings have been purchased by SKLL and can be worn over the face when needed and left around the neck while playing. It was important for us to provide something the players could keep on them throughout the game. This will minimize the opportunity for players to lose them while playing and mitigate the possibility of cross-contamination. During Phase 3, the face-covering is not required during the game as long as they are in the field of play or can maintain 6 feet of distance. We ask your player to wear these every time they come to a game.
- All spectators and visitors to the fields must also wear face coverings and maintain 6 feet distance from non-family members.
- Players cannot share equipment such as gloves or helmets. Players are encouraged to use their own bat, but team bats will be provided and wiped down after each use.
- SKLL has prepared a Covid-19 Safety Plan for Games specific to our League that will be in place for our players, coaches and volunteers so that families will continue to be assured of a safe return to Little League baseball and softball games.
- Concession stand may operate based on the safety plan submitted by the operator.
We welcome any questions regarding these guidelines and our policies moving forward. Please feel free to email us at email@example.com or check with your team manager if you have any questions. Thank you all for your patience as we continue through this most unprecedented time. We hope you know the welfare and safety of all players in our league is of the utmost importance to us and we appreciate your ongoing support as we kick off the next part of the season. We look forward to seeing our SKLL families at a game soon!