News and Announcements
May 2017 Minutes, Important Information on Board Positions
CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
May 1, 2017
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Ken Taylor, Ray Deluca, Warren Butler, Jerry Bohacek, John Humeston, Lee Molway
Absent: Randy Bergman, Scott Parrish, Mike Parson
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 6:35pm
Treasures Report: Beginning balance: $21,902.76 Ending balance: $19,691.81 See attached for details.
• Audit will be conducted next month
• A CPR class will be offered to all CSSA members, score keepers and umpires on Thursday, June 8, 2017 at R & M Sandwich Shop, 117 W. Main Street, Canton, GA, from 6 -9 pm. Class will be limited to 12 people. Anyone interested please contact Warren Butler at email@example.com.
• Umpires – New group seems to be working very well. Thanks Mike Carrigan.
• CRPA has given us permission to help maintain fields. More follow-up is needed to find out what we can and cannot do.
• Championship shirts will be ordered and handed out at end of season.
• Executive Committee – Dewey Hom and Warren Butler announced they will be leaving their positions. All members need to look for people interested in filling positions on the board. All positions will be up for vote in the fall.
• Softballs – new balls seem to be holding up well. We will continue to use these in the fall.
• Rules committee will be meeting soon. Any rule changes need to be in by June and voted on to be put in place for fall season.
• Fall Evaluations – Will be held on July 11th. and July 18th at 6 pm at Hobgood Park
• Banquet – Ray starting to work on bid proposals for fall. Everyone agreed that it worked well last year and to stay with Monday. Ray will be looking for a package deal and the Board discussed limiting it to 200 people. Going to pre-sale ONLY to avoid issues from last year, will be discussed in more detail at next meeting. Tentative date is Monday, November 13th.
• League updates –Lee: get him rain out info and schedule changes so he can get posted.
John: Everyone up to full roster
Jerry: issues with not having enough players
Ray: still working on a few sponsors.
Next meeting June 5, 2017, 6:30pm, Gameday
Georgia CPR training
IMPROVING THE ODDS OF SURVIVAL: CPR + AED.
For every minute after the heart has stopped, the patient loses 10% of his chance to survive. Thus, after ten minutes waiting for Paramedics–the persons chances for survival are poor. CPR training and the use of a defibrillator can significantly increase this person’s chance of survival.
CSSA is setting up a class for 10 to 12 on June 8th a Thursday night.
6 pm to 9 pm.
R & M Sandwich Shop
117 W Main St, Canton, GA 30114
We really need to have individuals at the games to help.June 8th at 6:00 till 9:00.
We need to have 10 people to hold the price at $45.00
For more information: Contact Warren Butler at
CRPA Warning "Vandalisn" at the park
Warning, Cars being vandalized in parking lot Hobgood, Keep your valuables safe.
Make sure your valuable are hidden and will not tempt the perpetrators.This warning comes from the CRPA officials.
May 1, 2017 - NO GAMES - Rained Out
No games today – rained out. Reschedule will be posted later
CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING April 3, 2017
The monthly CSSA board meeting was held on Monday, April 3, 2017, at Game Day Grille. Meeting was called to order at 6:30 PM. All board members were in attendance except for; Ken Taylor, Bob Hammond, Randy Bergman and Lee Molway. However, Lee & Randy were made available via conference call.
1. Sponsor brochure’s were presented by Norm Theim. We discussed contents of brochures and/or changes that should be addressed before they are published. CSSA would like to thank Norm for all his hard work and support in this area, and for supplying the CSSA with printed schedules w/sponsors in the spring. Any additional comments or suggestions should be called into or sent to Norm ASAP.
2. Discussed the need to find interested people who wish to serve as board members in any and all positions for next year.
3. Discussed need to get more players for Monday mornings in both leagues. Currently teams are coming up a player or two short on Mondays with no additional players available.
4. Due to rain and cold-outs, we need to start coming up with plans to make up the games via double headers and/or scale back to a 10 game Spring season.
5. Mike Carrigan gave an update on pitching screens, and still working with some of the pitchers to use the screens correctly.
6. Currently the Wednesday evening league is paying an additional $10 / player for lights and scoreboard costs. We discussed that the players should only pay $5 / player and the league will pay the other $5. A vote was taken and passed 5 – 2 with 1 abstention. Also discussed the need to meet w/ CRPA to negotiate a better price for the future. Board members will try to attend the next CRPA to address this situation.
7. Last Tuesday evening’s games were canceled due to poor field conditions. We discussed the reason that CRPA gave to the CSSA for these conditions. A possible work/share proposition may be presented to the CRPA in order to get the fields ready for play when the weather or other situations present themselves.
8. Georgia CPR Training Academy has offered to teach CPR to any person within our organization for $45 / person of at least 8 people. All umpires and board members should attend as well as anyone else who is interested and associated with CSSA. We will set up a day, time and location in the near future for training. All in attendance will pay their own way.10. Meeting was adjourned at 8:25 PM.
Cornerstone Estate Planning
Lawn Doctor of Woodstock
R & D Handyman Service
Poindexter Family Dentistry
Misfit Sports Apparel