News and Announcements
Good Morning CSSA Family:
I want to thank all the volunteers that helped with the evaluations on Tuesday.
Even with the heavy rain in the area, this was the best fall turnout in recent memory.
Starting with the ladies:
Anne Ryan, kept the registration going and cross checked information with the waivers.
LaShon Butler, taking pictures of the new players.
Mike Ryan, being the bucket man and bringing balls to the pitcher.
Bob Hammond, helping with the registration and bring/distributing tryout jerseys.
Mike Parson, compiling/supplying all the data and getting it out the very next day.
Ken Taylor, supplying the paperwork.
Don DiSalvo/Bob Werner, supplying data.
Lee Molway, keeping the walkers safe outside the fence. (CRPA performed some extra work on the infields that could not be done until now because of all the rain this year).
John Humeston, keeping everyone off the infield, bringing all the needed equipment.
Tom Ballard/Warren Butler/Donny Adams, pitching batting practice OVER the net.
Ray McClure/Tom Ballard/Warren Butler, hitting fielding practice.
Troy Hooper/Ray DeLuca, playing cutoff man and 1B.
The short guy that was yelling into the bullhorn and falling over in the infield.
All the current CSSA members that referred players.
(Our analysis shows this is the best way of recruitment).
Terry Crump/Troy Hooper/ Donny Adams, special thanks for these 3 men. They drive a long way from Northwest Georgia, rearrange their softball schedules up there and have brought about 13 players into the league. This says a lot about the quality of CSSA. Thank you Donny, Terry and Troy!
If I missed anyone, contact me and I will post it in my next message.
Short Guy with the bullhorn,
CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORE MEETING
June 27, 2017
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Warren Butler, Ken Taylor, Mike Parson, Randy Bergman, John Humeston, Ray Deluca, Lee Molway, Don DiSalvo, Tim Dunagan, Scott Trevathan, Bob Werner
Absent: Scott Parrish
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 6:30pm
• Evaluations – Will be held Tuesday, July 11th and Tuesday July 18th , 6pm at Hobgood Park. Managers – any late additions to roster last season must be evaluated for fall season. • Lessons learned – Dewey proposed going to a 10 game schedule next spring. Very difficult to get 12 game schedule in because of weather and CRPA tournaments. The 2 extra games were a bonus, we were only paying for 10. • Fall Season – Season will start on August 14th and finished by October 26th at the latest. • Rules changes – rules changes were discussed and Lee will send out any new proposals. All changes will be voted on at next board meeting in July. • Hats – Randy brought in some samples of hats. It was discussed whether we should buy some hats for upcoming season. It was also discussed about getting hats and selling them to the people that may want them. $5.00 a hat was mentioned with the league subsidizing the remaining cost. No decision was made. • Wednesday Legacy League Move – Randy has been getting information about a possible move to Skip Wells Park (formerly Bells Ferry) for the Legacy League due to rising costs at Hobgood on Wednesdays. After a lengthy discussion it was decided by all coaches and board members that it would be better to stay at Hobgood Park.
• New Thursday League – CSSA is exploring the idea of starting a new league on Thursday nights that would be open to all CSSA players. The idea was to start with 4 teams, with 12-13 players per team. Managers, please get with your teams and see if there is enough interest to go forward with this idea. There would also be a need for someone to be a league director. • Next Meeting – July 10th at 6:30 pm, R & M Hoagie Shop, Canton, GA. • Meeting adjourned.
CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
June 5, 2017
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Jerry Bohacek, Lee Molway, John Humeston, Mike Parson, Ken Taylor, Ray Deluca, Scott Parrish, Mike Carrigan, Darryl Moreland
Absent: Randy Bergman
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 6:32pm
Treasurers Report: Beginning balance-$19,691.81 Ending balance -$22,624.86
See attached for details.
• CPR class Thursday, June 8th. R & M sandwich Shop, 6-9pm. Still room for more. At least 10 needed.
• Evaluations – July 11th. And July 18th. , Hobgood Park, 6pm. Referrals – it was discussed about offering $5.00 off your dues for everyone you get to sign up for the fall season. It was voted on and passed 9-0. League is also looking for someone that would like to help in marketing the league. Anyone with signs, please get them out for tryouts.
• League updates: Ray – Gold Senior is done for the season.
Jerry-2 teams still in hunt for spring title. Jerry has also
resigned his position as league director. Bob Werner will
be taking over this position. Thank You Jerry for all you
It was left out of last month’s notes, Ken Taylor will also be resigning his position as treasurer. Thank You Ken for all you have done for CSSA.
• Banquet – Ray is still talking to places. Sidelines and Fendley Farms are possibilities, but it is still open to anyone who can cater 200 people.
• Sponsors – almost all paid up for spring. League is ahead in dollars from last season.
• Rules Committee – The committee has proposed making some changes to try and standardize rules for all leagues. Changes were discussed and some revisions were to be made. These changes will be discussed again at July meeting and then will be voted on for fall season.
• By-Laws – there was also changes proposed in the by-laws. They will also be discussed at July meeting and voted on for fall season.
• Pitching Screen – Mike Carrigan has also proposed some changes in pitching screen rules. They will also be discussed again at meeting in July and voted on for fall season.
• Next Meeting, July 10, 2017 at 6:30 pm, R & M Hoagie Shop, Canton, GA
CHEROKEE SENIOR SOFTBALL ASSOC. WOODSTOCK, GA
HOLDING SIGN UP AND LEVEL EVALUATIONS FOR
p=. Fall 2017 SEASON
REGISTRATION IS OPEN TO MEN TURNING 50 YEARS YOUNG IN 2017, AND OLDER
(WE HAVE (300 +) PLAYERS FROM 50 THROUGH THEIR 80’S IN OUR ORGANIZATION)
6 PM EACH DAY
Tuesday July 11th
Tuesday July 18th
HOBGOOD PARK, FIELD #4
(BELLS FERRY & TOWNE LAKE PKWY)
WOODSTOCK, GA 30189
FOR MORE INFORMATION
VISIT our WEBSITE AT:
We have leagues Mon Morning: TUE Night:
WED AM & PM and may add a Thursday League
R & D Handyman Service
Door 2 Door Locks & Hardware
Lawn Doctor of Woodstock